Signs and symptoms of salivary gland cancer may include:
- A lump or swelling on or near your jaw or in your neck or mouth
- Numbness in part of your face
- Muscle weakness on one side of your face
- Persistent pain in the area of a salivary gland
- Difficulty swallowing
- Trouble opening your mouth widely
When to see a doctor
Make an appointment with your doctor if you have any signs or symptoms that worry you.
Having a lump or area of swelling near your salivary gland is a common sign of a salivary gland tumor, but it doesn't mean you have cancer. Most salivary gland tumors are noncancerous (benign).