After finishing his MBBS from Trivandrum Medical College (Kerala), Dr Amit Sharma did his MD in Internal Medicine from Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla. Later, he worked as Registrar in Department of Nephrology at Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla and as Senior Resident in Department of Internal Medicine at PGIMER, Chandigarh before moving to Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi for DNB (Nephrology) in 2010. He finished his DNB (Nephrology) in 2013 and worked at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi as Associate Consultant Nephrologist before joining Fortis Hospital Mohali as Consultant Nephrologist and Kidney Transplant Physician.
Clinical Interests/ Specialised Treatments /Area of Expertise: Kidney Transplant Medicine, Clinical Nephrology, Hemodialysis, Peritoneal Dialysis.
Research and Publications:
Effects of ketoanalogs and a protein-restricted diet in chronic kidney disease stage 4 and 5 patients.
1. Subcutaneous emphysema secondary to pulmonary cavity in absence of pneumothorax or pneumomediastinum. Respiratory Medicine (2007).
2. Binswanger’s disease. Journal of Association of Physicians of India (2007).
3. Enalaprilat induced acute parotitis. Journal of Association of Physicians of India (2008).
4. White Cerebellum sign: Red flag in the emergency department. Canadian Journal of Emergency Medicine. Accepted for publication (2013)
5. Scedosporium apiospermum causing Brain Abscess in a Renal Allograft Recipient. SJKDT (Article in press)
6. Chapter on “Infections in Kidney Transplant recipients: CMV” published by Elsevier.
7. Arteriovenous Fistula Monitoring and Surveillance. Clinical Queries Nephrology 2014 (Article in Press).