Dr. Sinha is endocrinologist practicing all aspects of general endocrinology but has a special interest in Obesity, Pregnancy and Diabetes, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and Reproductive problems.
After completing his Membership from the Royal College of Physicians of UK, he was selected for the prestigious Midlands training programme and received his Certificate of completion of Specialist Training In Diabetes & Endocrinology. He then worked as Consultant Physician at University Hospital Birmingham but returned to his roots in 2003, since when he has worked as a Consultant in Diabetes & Endocrinology in Kolkata.
He is a Member of the following Institutes:
1) Membership of Royal College of Physicians
2) Member – Diabetes UK
3) Member – Research Society for Study of Diabetes in India (RSSDI)
4) Member – Endocrine Society India (ESI)
5) Joint Secretary – Integrated Diabetes & Endocrine Academy (IDEA)
His area of research and specialist training has been in Reproductive Diabetes and Endocrine diseases. Has also been established with the establishment of Obesity services in another Corporate Hospital.
He has won awards for:
1. Young Scientist Award International Congress on Hormonal Steroids and Hormones and Cancer, 2002, Fukuoka, Japan.
2. Dr A C Ukil Memorial Oration 2007 – IMA National Conference, Burdwan