Dr Gagan Priya started her medical career at Govt Medical College, Patiala where she completed MBBS and then moved on to pursue Internal Medicine at the reputed SMS Medical College, Jaipur. After a brief stint as Senior Medical Officer at Fortis Mohali, she was selected for DM Endocrinology at AIIMS, New Delhi. During her training in Endocrinology at the nation’s premier medical institute, she gained vast experience in management of difficult and challenging hormonal disorders and actively participated in many national and international conferences. She has been working as Consultant Endocrinologist in Fortis Hospital Mohali since 2007 and is one the most reputed Endocrinologists in the Tricity.
Department/Specialty: Diabetology & Endocrinology
Languages spoken: English, Hindi & Punjabi
Total Years’ of Experience:
Previous experience: Dr. Gagan completed her MBBS from Government Medical College, Patiala, post which, she completed her MD in General Medicine from SMS Medical College, Jaipur. She then completed her DM in Endocrinology from All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) where she worked as a Senior Resident for 3 years. She has been a practicing Endocrinologist since 2007.
Medical Education, Certifications and fellowships/Research Papers: DM Endocrinology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi.
MD – General Medicine, SMS Medical College, Jaipur.
MBBS with Internship, Govt Medical College, Patiala.
Fellowship Training in Pediatric Endocrinology, Asia Pacific Pediatric Endocrinology Society Fellowship Program – 2006.
1. Comparison of insulin versus oral hypoglycemic agents in newly diagnosed type 2 diabetes. DM dissertation, Department of Endocrinology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi.
2. To study serum vitamin D concentrations in patients with primary hyperparathyroidism. DM dissertation, Department of Endocrinology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi.
3. Efficacy and safety of Sibutramine in the management of obesity. MD dissertation, Department of Medicine, SMS Medical College, Jaipur.
Professional Memberships She is an active member of the Endocrine Society of India, Indian Thyroid Society, Asia Pacific Pediatric Endocrine Society and the Indian Society of Bone Mineral Research.
Clinical Interests/ Specialised Treatments /Area of Expertise
Type 1 Diabetes, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, Pediatric Endocrinology
Awards & Honors: She has been awarded the Prof MMS Ahuja Award for the Best DM Student in Endocrinology at the 36th Annual Convocation at AIIMS. She was selected for special training in Pediatric Endocrinology at the APPES Fellow’s Course in Thailand. She has several publications in international journals and has also contributed to book chapters.
Research and Publications: 1. Priya G, Jyotsna VP, Gupta N, Chumber S, Bal CS, Karak AK, Seth A, Ammini AC. Clinical and laboratory profile of primary hyperparathyroidism in India. Postgrad Med J. 2008 Jan;84(987):34-9.
2. Chandra ST, Priya G, Khurana ML, Jyotsna VP, Sreenivas V, Dwivedi S, Ammini AC. Comparison of gliclazide with insulin as initial treatment modality in newly diagnosed type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Technol Ther. 2008 Oct;10(5):363-8.
3. Pakhetra R, Priya G, Jyotsna V P, Ariachery A. Insulinoma: Reversal of brain magnetic resonance imaging changes following resection. Neurol India. 2008; 56 (2): 192-194.
4. Priya G, Bhagat H, Pandia MP, Chaturvedi A, Seth A, Goswami R. Can propofol precipitate pancreatitis in patients with Cushing's syndrome? Acta Anaesthesiol Scand. 2005 Oct; 49(9): 1381-3.
5. Khandelwal P D, Priya G. Efficacy and safety of Sibutramine in the management of obesity. APICON 2004, Medicine Update.
6. Khandelwal PD, Priya G. Neuroprotection in acute ischemic stroke. APICON 2003, Medicine Update.
Medical Breakthroughs/ Interesting Case Studies: 1. Priya G, Philip J, Vupputuri M R, Ammini A C, Tandon N, Goswami R, Jyotsna V P, Chumber S, Bal C S. A case of parathyroid carcinoma. Poster Presentation at the 35th Annual Conference of the Endocrine Society of India, 11-13 November 2005, New Delhi.
2. Priya G, Ammini A C. Comparison of insulin versus oral hypoglycemic agents in newly diagnosed type 2 diabetes. Oral Presentation – RSSDI Delhi Chapter, Jun 2006.
1. Priya G, Khadgawat R, Mishra S, Ammini AC, Chumber S, Singhal M. Hypertrichosis with pubertal macromastia. Presented as poster at the 4th Biennial Scientific Meeting Asia Pacific Paediatric Endocrine Society 2006, Pattaya, Chonburi, Thailand.
2. Priya G, Khadgawat R, Mishra S, Ammini AC, Chumber S, Singhal M. Hypertrichosis with pubertal macromastia. Presented as poster at the 36th Annual Conference of the Endocrine Society of India, 17-19 November 2006, Jaipur.