Dr. G S Bhattacharya is a Medical Oncologist & Clinical Hematologist – trained and qualified nationally and internationally. Member of various relevant national and international bodies. Held important positions nationally and internationally.
He is Certified and Trained by Vienna School of Trials for Clinical research and Trials.
He is Certified Clinical Trained from:
- Society of Clinical Research Association
- National Inst. Of Health, NCI
He has more than 30 published International and National papers and an Editor of 3 Text Books in Oncology.
He is a professional Member of American School of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO), Breast International Group (BIG), SAARC Oncology Initiative, International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer (IASLC).
His Clinical Interest are: Lung Cancer, Breast Cancer, Gastrointestinal Cancer, Bladder Cancer, Hepatobiliary Cancer, Ovarian Cancer.
Dr. G S Bhattacharya has received the following awards and accolades:
• Cambridge Award,
• WHO expert panel member for oncology
• Expert Panel Member Breast Health Global Initiative, Howard Medical Institute and UN Initiative.
• Panel Member of European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO),
• Developing Countries Task Force Member of European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO)
• ESMO Speakers Bureau,
• Advisory Council Member Breast International Group (BIG),
• Chairman Emerging Countries Task force for Breast International Group (BIG),
• Advisory Council Member BIG-NABCG (North American Breast Cancer Group)
• Executive Committee Member - SAARC Oncology Initiative,
• Executive Committee Member - International Cardi-Oncological Society (ICOS),
• Executive Committee Member - Euro-Asian Mastology (EURAMA)/European-Asian Society for Breast Disease,
• Publication Committee Member of International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer – IASLC,
• Editorial Board Member of Journal of Thoracic Oncology – JTO,
• Subcommittee member of the Publication Committee to evaluate the JTO Editor,
• Task Force Member of Enduring Patient-Oriented Materials of IASLC,
• Co-authors of the chapter, “Tobacco Control and Primary Prevention” in Thoracic Oncology: The IASLC Multidisciplinary Approach (IASLC),
• Incoming President of Indian Society for Medical and Pediatric Oncology (ISMPO),
• Member National Cancer Control Program (Govt. of India),
• Member ICMR Task for Cancer and Chairperson of ICMR Subcommittee for Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL),
• Member Oncology Outcome Group for International Society For Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research (ISPOR)
• Reviewer for the American Journal of Clinical Oncology
• Reviewer for the Asian Journal of Clinical Oncology
• Reviewer for Clinical Oncology
• Reviewer for International Society For Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research
• Reviewer for International Journal of Gynecological Cancer
• Reviewer for International Gynecology Cancer Society (IGCS)
• Reviewer for Oncology Nursing Society Journal
• Reviewer and Editorial Board member to Indian Journal of Cancer
• Reviewer and Editorial Board member to Indian Journal of Medical and Pediatric Oncology
• Editorial Board Member South Asian Journal of Cancer
• Reviewer for Public Library of Science (PLOS)
• Draft Committee Member for European Association for Palliative Care (EAPC)
• Chairman of the Educational Committee for Indian Society of Oncology
• Member of Guidelines Committee for Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai.
• Visiting Lecturer in GUY’s Hospital London, 2010
• Visiting Fellow & Prof. MD Anderson,
• Faculty Member to European Institute of Oncology