Dr Priyadarshi Ranjan is a leading Uro-Oncologist and Kidney Transplant Surgeon of the country and has pioneered the Kidney Transplant Programme at Fortis Hospital Mohali. He performs Kidney Transplant operations routinely and has more than 95% success rates which are at par with the best Kidney Transplant Centres of the world. He has performed Pediatric Kidney Transplant, Double or Triple Vessel Kidney Transplants, ABO Incompatible Kidney Transplant and Swap Kidney Transplant. He has initiated Advanced Urological Laparoscopy and Retroperitoneoscopy Programmes in the hospital, which has made Fortis Hospital Mohali the most comprehensive centre for Kidney Diseases. Dr Ranjan is a Urologist and specialises in Kidney Cancer and Kidney Transplant. He brings in expertise from two leading teaching hospitals of country - Sanjay Gandhi PGI, Lucknow and PGI Chandigarh. With vast experience of performing over 500 surgeries including Kidney Cancer, Laparoscopic donor nephrectomies and kidney transplantation, his key areas of working include modern laparoscopic treatment for kidney diseases. He has pioneered modern techniques of Retroperitoneoscopic Kidney Surgery especially for Kidney cancer. Dr Ranjan is an active faculty at various Urological and Kidney Transplantation forums across the globe and the country and has thirty international publications in leading journals of the world. He is a regular speaker at different IMA Meetings in the field of Kidney Cancer and Kidney Transplantation. He has been a reviewer of various international Urology Journals and has authored two books in the field of Urology. Before joining Fortis Hospital Mohali, he served as a faculty in the department of Urology and Kidney Transplantation at the Sanjay Gandhi PGI, Lucknow, India.
Previous experience: 1. Faculty (Assistant Professor) at Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow - leading Kidney Transplant Centers of India.
2. Senior Registrar in Urology and Genito-Urinary Surgery at Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India.
3. Chief Surgical Registrar at King George’s Medical University Trauma Centre, Lucknow.
Medical Education, Certifications and fellowships/Research Papers: 1. MBBS: King George’s Medical College, Lucknow, 1996.
2. MS (Surgery): King George's Medical University, Lucknow.
3. MCh (Urology): PGIMER, Chandigarh, India.
4. Visiting fellowship from Urological Society of India at SGPGI, Lucknow for Laparoscopy and Kidney Transplantation.
5. Visiting Fellowship at Kulkarni Endosurgery Institute for Endourology, Laparoscopy and Stricture Urethra Surgery
6. Visiting Fellowship at MPUH, Nadiad for Endourology and Kidney Transplantation
Professional Memberships: 1. Urological Society of India - Life Member
2. Indian Society of Organ Transplantation - Life Member
3. Association of Surgeons of India - Life Member
Clinical Interests/Specialised Treatments/Area of Expertise: 1. Kidney Cancer
2. Kidney Transplantation
3. Kidney Stones
4. Kidney Obstructions
5. Laparoscopic Kidney Surgery
6. Retroperitoneoscopic Kidney Surgery
7. Laparoscopic Kidney Donor Surgery
8. Endoscopic Kidney Surgery
9. ABO Incompatible Kidney Transplant Programme
10. Swap Kidney transplant Programme
Awards & Honors:
1. Fourteen Gold and Seven silver medals for topping various subjects during MBBS. He has earned honors in eleven subjects.
2. Gold medal for topping the MS Surgery Examination during Post Graduation.
3. Gold medal and Eagle fellowship from the Urological Society of India, North Zone Chapter: 2008
4. Gold Medal and GM Phadke fellowship from the Urological Society of India: 2009.
Research and Publications: 35 International publications and two books in Urology and Kidney Transplantation. Details available at www.kidneysurgeon.com, www.priydarshiranjan.com;
Medical Breakthroughs/ Interesting Case Studies: 1. Was an integral part of the team that performed two Cadaver Kidney Transplantations at the Sanjay Gandhi Post Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow in the year2010
2. Breakthrough researches in Kidney Fungal infection management - first time in the world literature from India.
3. Recently operated a 78 years old lady, who is one of the eldest woman survivors in the world, having an extensive Kidney Cancer involving the Vena Cava, Liver and reaching upto the heart.
4. Highly experienced surgeon of the region performing the most advanced Laparoscopic and retroperitoneoscopic procedures for Kidney Cancer, Obstruction and stones. Performed the First successful Laparoscopic and Retroperitoneoscopic Kidney Cancer Surgery in the region.