Dr. Rakesh Rajput, is a consultant Orthopaedic surgeon at Kolkata, excelling in the Orthopaedic management for problems of the hip and knee, sporting injuries, and the management of trauma. He specializes in fractures around hip & knee and also pelvis & acetabulum. He performs primary and revision hip and knee replacements and also unicompartmental knee replacements.
Dr. Rajput, MS (Orth), received his medical degree from the University of Calcutta after which he successfully completed M Ch (Orth) from the University of Dundee, Scotland; FRCS from RCPS, Glasgow; and FRCS (Trauma and Ortho) from Intercollegiate Board, UK.
He is a member of the following:
• Member of Indian Orthopaedic Association.
• Member of British Orthopaedic Association.
• Member of West Bengal Orthopaedic Association.
• Founding member of association of pelviacetabular surgeon of India.
• Member of West Bengal Arthroplasty Society.
Dr. Rajput is an expert in the following areas:
• Anterior hip replacement approach. He also focuses on adult joint replacement and preservation including hip, knee, and ankle arthroscopy, Pelvic osteotomy.
• Minimally invasive joint replacement; joint replacement revision.
• Treatment of avascular necrosis and pelvic and acetabular fractures.
He was the recipient of the Ian Smillie Class Award of Distinction for best
M Ch (Orth) student in 1999 from the University of Dundee, Scotland,
and the LM Banerjee Silver Medal for best surgical student in 1986 from
the University of Calcutta. He has served in various medical institutions
across the world.