Dr Sen, MS, DNB, PhD (Orthopaedics), is a stalwart in the field of Orthopaedic Surgery. He has over 20 years of experience as Faculty at PGIMER-Chandigarh. He was elevated as Professor in the Department of Orthopaedics, PGIMER, in 2008. Dr Sen has extensive surgical experience in management of pelvi-acetabular injuries, primary & revision hip and knee replacements and complex trauma. He has also pioneered the role of Stem Cell treatment in AVN disease of the hip joint.
Department/Specialty: Bone & Joint
Languages spoken: Hindi, Punjabi, English
Total Years’ of Experience: 28 years
Previous experience: After getting basic orthopaedic education from India, Prof Sen received his further training in Germany and USA. He worked at PGIMER for 20 years and took voluntary retirement from there in 2014, while he was working as Professor in the Department of Orthopaedics.
Medical Education, Certifications and fellowships/Research Papers: MS, Orthopaedics
Professional Memberships: Prof Sen has been the Chairperson of Research Foundation as well as Vice President of IOA. Holds the membership of 5 international scientific associations and 10 national scientific associations.
Clinical Interests/ Specialised Treatments /Area of Expertise:
Awards & Honors:
OASAC (Ortho Surgeons of SAARC) Oration Award COLOMBO 27th Oct 2012
Baroda Ortho. Society Oration Award 22nd Sept 2007 Baroda
1st Golden Jubilee Commemoration Oration in IOACON 2008 at Bangalore on 5th Dec 2008 by Indian Orthopedic Association.
Prof BB Ohri Oration award MP Chapter IOA 4th Oct 2008 Indore.
Gaziabad Oration of UP Chapter 2010, 20th feb Allahabad
Prof G Swaminathhan Oration 2011 Govt. Rajaji Hosp Madurai T&N on 5.3.2011.
Dr M L Chatterjee Oration WBOA chapter July 14th 2013 Kolkatta
Dr Mahurkar Oration Award CHIOA on Sept 28th 2013 Bhilai
• PANELIST in ‘Int. Congress Knee and Sports Medicine’ in Yokohama JAPAN in 1989
• AO Fellowship (Switzerland) in Ulm, GERMANY from 31st August to 20th Nov. 1998
• BEST FELLOW AWARD in BIOSKILL COURSE in HONGKONG . 7-9th July 2001.
• IOS (UK) FELLOWSHIP UK hospitals BOA 2008 Liverpool. 14th-27th sept 2008.UK
• AADO (Hong Kong) Scholarship for European Traumatology Congress Amsterdam HOLLAND in 1998, Int. trauma Symp. Edinburgh UK in 2003, Pelvic Trauma Course HONGKONG 2004 & OTA meeting of USA 2008 USA
• IOA INOR Foreign Fellowship for BOA Glasgow 2006 UK 26-28th Sept 2006
• Johnson & Johnson Traveling Fellowship Awarded 1992 by Ind. Ortho Assoc.
• E Merck Fellowship Awarded for 1989 by Bombay Orthopaedics Society
• “Best Research Award” by North Zone Ortho Assoc in 1988 at CMC Ludhiana
Research and Publications:
Medical Breakthroughs/Interesting Case Studies: Patent in New Pelvic plate for reconstruction of acetabulum fractures.