1. MCh – Surgical Gastroenterology (GI Surgery), PGIMER, Chandigarh.
o 2. MS - General Surgery from PGIMER, Chandigarh.
o 3. Ex-Senior Resident - General Surgery, PGIMER, Chandigarh.
o 4. Senior Medical Officer, Emergency, PGIMER, Chandigarh.
o 5. Advanced Laparoscopic, Metabolic and Bariatric Surgeon.
o 6. Deals with Cancer Surgeries (Oncosurgey) of Gastrointestinal System, Liver, Biliary System and Pancreas.
o 7. Deals with Abdominal Trauma and Abdominal Emergencies.
Department/Specialty: GI, Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery, Division of General Surgery
Languages spoken: English, Hindi, Assamese
Total Years’ of Experience: 10 years
Previous experience: o 1. Worked as MCh Senior Resident, Surgical Gastroenterology, PGIMER, Chandigarh for 3 years
o 2. Worked as Senior Resident in the Department of General Surgery, PGIMER, Chandigarh for 3 years.
o 3. Worked as Senior Medical Officer, Emergency, PGIMER, Chandigarh.
Medical Education, Certifications and fellowships/Research Papers: 1. MCh in Surgical Gastroenterology (GI Surgery) and MS in General Surgery from India's Premier Institute - Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh.
2. MBBS from Assam Medical College & Hospital, Dibrugarh, Assam.
3. Trained in Advanced Laparoscopy (Minimaly Invasive), Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.
4. Research – 1. Enteral versus Parenteral Nutrition in Severe Acute Pancreatitis
2. Study of Cutaneous Vasculature of Forearm by cadavedic dissection, digital substraction angiography and intraoperative observation.
3. Fourteen paper publication in international Journals and one Book Chapters.
Clinical Interests/ Specialised Treatments /Area of Expertise: Hepatobiliary and Pancreas, Gastrointestinal (Digestive) System, Advanced Laparoscopy, Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery, Onco Surgery in Liver, Biliary System, Pancreas and Digestive System.
Awards & Honors:
Research and Publications: 1. Port Catheter fracture and migration in Internal Jugular Vein.
Doley R P, Brar P, Chaudhary S, Bedi R, Swami AC, Wig J D.
Am J Case Repo 2012; 13: 14-16
2. Pancreatic choledochal fistula complicating acute pancreatitis.
Brar R, Singh I, Brar P, Prasad A, Doley R P, Wig J D.
Am J Case Rep, 2012; 13: 47-50
3. Anticoagulant-induced intramural hematoma of the jejunum.
Brar P, Singh I, Kaur S, Doley R P, Brar R, Sahni A, Wig J D
Clin J Gastroenterol 2011; 4:387–390
4. Traumatic Transection of Pancreas at the Neck: Feasibility of Parenchymal Preserving Strategy.
Rudra Prasad Doley, Thakur Deen Yadav, Mandeep Kang, Ashwani Dalal,Mayank Jayant, Rajeev Sharma, Jai Dev Wig. Gastroenterology Research 2010;3(2):79-85
5. Enteral Nutrition in Severe Acute Pancreatitis.
Rudra Prasad Doley1, Thakur Deen Yadav1, Jai Dev Wig1, Rakesh Kochhar2,
Gurpree Singh1, Kishore Gurumoorthy Subramanya Bharathy1, Ashwini Kudari1,
Rajesh Gupta1, Vikas Gupta1, Kuchhangi Sureshchandra Poornachandra2, Usha Dutta2 Chetna Vaishnavi. JOP. J Pancreas (Online) 2009; 10(2):157-162.
6. Pancreas Preserving Total Duodenectomy forComplex Duodenal Injury.
Jai Dev Wig, Ashwinikumar Kudari, Thakur Deen Yadav, Rudra Prasad Doley,
Kishore Gurumoorthy Subramanya Bharathy, Naveen Kalra.
JOP. J Pancreas (Online) 2009; 10(4):425-428.
7. Surgical management of gastric cicatrisation resulting from corrosive ingestion.
Vikas Gupta a, Jai D. Wig a,*, Rakesh Kochhar b, Saroj K. Sinha b, Birinder Nagi b,Rudra P. Doley a, Rajesh Gupta a, Thakur D. Yadava .
Int J Surg 2009;7: 257–261
8. Traumatic diaphragmatic hernia: tertiary centre experience.
G. S. B. Kishore • V. Gupta • R. P. Doley, Kudari • N. Kalra • T. D. Yadav • J. D. WigG.
9. Correlates of Organ Failure in Severe Acute Pancreatitis
Jai Dev Wig1, Kishore Gurumoorthy Subramanya Bharathy1, Rakesh Kochhar2,
Thakur Deen Yadav1, Ashwini Kumar Kudari1, Rudra Prasad Doley1, Vikas Gupta1,
Yellakanti Raghavendra Babu.
JOP. J Pancreas (Online) 2008; 10(3):271-275.
10. Lung Complications in Acute Pancreatitis
Maruti Govindappa Raghu1, Jai Dev Wig1, Rakesh Kochhar2, Dheeraj Gupta3,
Rajesh Gupta1, Thakur Deen Yadav1, Ritesh Agarwal3, Ashwini Kumar Kudari1,
Rudra Prasad Doley1, Amit Javed.
JOP. J Pancreas (Online) 2007; 8(2):177-185.
11. Complex Hepatic Injuries: an Audit from a Tertiary Center
Thiagarajan Srinivasan2, Jai D. Wig2, Rajesh Gupta2, Thakur D. Yadav2, Rudra P. Doley2,Ashwinikumar Kudari2, Nedounsejiane Mandjiny2, Rakesh Kochhar
Eur J Trauma Emerg Surg 2007, DOI 10.1007/s00068-007-7058-9
12. Histopathological Sequential Changes in Sodium Taurocholate-Induced Acute Pancreatitis
Ashwinikumar Kudari1, Jai Dev Wig1, Kim Vaiphei2, Rakesh Kochhar3,
Siddarth Majumdar4, Rajesh Gupta1, Thakur Deen Yadav1, Rudra Prasad Doley1
JOP. J Pancreas (Online) 2007; 8(5):564-572
13. Emphysematous Pancreatitis. Radiological Curiosity or a Cause for Concern?
Jai Dev Wig1, Rakesh Kochhar2, Kishore Gurumoorthy Subramanya Bharathy1, Ashwini
Kumar Kudari1, Rudra Prasad Doley1, Thakur Deen Yadav1, Naveen Kalra3
JOP. J Pancreas (Online) 2008; 9(2):160-166.
14. Extremity vascular trauma in civilian population:a seven-year review from North India
Somasekhar R. Menakuru, Arunanshu Behera*, Ravul Jindal,
Lileswar Kaman, Rudraprasad Doley, Rajarajan Venkatesan
Injury, Int. J. Care Injured (2005) 36, 400—406
Management of Pancreatic Fistula: Current Concepts
JD Wig, A Kudari, RP Doley, R Gupta, TD Yadav
Surgery of Pancreatic Tumor. Editors-S V Shrikhande, Helmut Friess, Markus W Buchler. Publisher- BI Publications Pvt Ltd, 54, Janpath, New Delhi-10001, India.
First Published 2008.
Medical Breakthroughs/ Interesting Case Studies: