Dr. Savitri Shrivastava's main areas of interest have been in Paediatric and Congenital Heart Diseases, Echocardiography and Non Coronary Interventions. She has many firsts to her name:
- Establishment of the section of Echocardiography at AIIMS, New Delhi and brought it at par with the world class Echocardiography laboratories
- Formation of Indian Academy of Echocardiography as the Founder President of the Society in 1995.
- Initiation of non-coronary interventions at AIIMS
- The technique of Balloon Dilation of the Atrial Septum was described for the first time in the world by her in 1988.
- Establishment of the department of Paediatric cardiology and CHD at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute in 1995, which is now well known in India and abroad
- Formulation of a Paediatric cardiology-training programme, approved by the National Medical Board.
- Started Paediatric Cardiac Society of India, as the founder President in 1998