Dr. Sumit Sengupta is a senior consultant pulmonologists with Fortis Hospital, Anandapur, Kolkata.
After completing his MBBS and MD in General Medicine in Kolkata he went to the UK. His major training in Respiratory Medicine happened in Cambridge and he subsequently spent some time as a consultant there before returning to Kolkata in 2001.
His special training modules included bronchiectasis, Sleep, non-invasive ventilation, Lung Transplantation and Allergy and Immunology.
He has won various awards & Accolades:
1. National Talent Scholarship
2. Honours in Biochemistry
3. Second Certificate of Honour-Anatomy Gold Medal Examination
4. Second in the University-MBBS-University of Calcutta.
5. Second Certificate of Honour-Surgery Gold Medal Examination
6. Pardis Lukis Govt. Prize in Clinical Medicine-Medical College, Calcutta
7. Gold Medal & Certificate of Honour in Medicine.