Dr Vikas Bhutani has 18 years of rich experience in Internal Medicine. He handles General/Internal Medical cases including emergencies. He has been working with Fortis Hospital Mohali since its inception in 2001. He is also the Chairman of Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee of the hospital. He is member of the Antibiotic Task Force of the hospital as well. Dr Bhutani actively promoties recent advances among medical professionals and colleagues by conducting CME’s. He is an active participant in number of National and International Conferences of repute related to Medicine. He is also involved in promoting health awareness by writing articles and giving public lectures. He has been a speaker in a lot of CME’s. His profile was featured in the book titled "Chandigarh and its Leading Personalities, Vol I, Edn. 2011".
Designation: Senior Consultant
Department/Specialty: Internal Medicine
Languages spoken: English, Hindi & Punjabi
Total Years’ of Experience:
Previous experience: Worked as Sr. Registrar at Govt. Medical College, Chandigarh (1997-98) and Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh(1998-2001).
Medical Education, Certifications and fellowships/Research Papers: 1994-1997 MD-General Medicine, Pt.BDS Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak, Haryana, India
1988-1993 MBBS, Pt.BDS Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak, Haryana, India
• November 2003 - CME Course : Rheumatoid Arthritis : Past, Present and Future, University of Washington CME
• November 2003 - CME Course : Radiology of Arthritis for the Non-Radiologist, University of Washington CME
• March 2005 – “Polysomnography & Sleep Disorder Course” Organised by Medcare, Ireland, IO TeQ International, Cape Town and Sunrise Medical, England.
• September 2006 - Completed Distance based Postgraduate learning programme on “Management of Type II Diabetes” approved by UK National Accreditation Panel under Royal College Accredited Course Series.
• May 2007 – Completed Continuing Education Series on Cardiac Arrythmias by University of Nebraska Medical Center.
• December 2007 – Completed Continuing Medical Education on “Understanding, Preventing & Managing COPD” by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
• December 2010 - Completed American College of Cardiology Foundation Update Course on Lipids
Professional Memberships: •Life member of Association of Physicians of India
•Life member of Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine
• Life member of Indian Society of Gastroenterology
• Life member of Indian Chest Society
• Life member of Indian Society of Cardiology
• Life member of Indian Medical Association
• Life member of ISBMR Indian Society of Bone and Mineral Research
• Life member of RSSDI – Research Society for the Study of Diabetes in India
• Member of ISID – International Society Of Infectious Diseases
Clinical Interests/Specialized Treatments/Area of Expertise: Internal/General Medicine, Diabetes, Thyroid Disorders, Infectious Diseases, Tropical Medicine, Medical Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Respiratory Diseases, Rheumatology, Osteoporosis
Awards & Honors: Dr. Bhutani has won number of prizes and medals during his excellent academic career.
Research and Publications: 1. Siwach SB, Bhutani V, Jagdish, Singh H, Katyal VK
Prognostic Significance of ST segment Elevation Resolution Following Thrombolysis in Acute Myocardial Infarction.
Indian Heart J 1998: 50: 688.
2. Dutta U, Bhutani V, Nagi B, Singh K
Reversible portal hypertension due to tuberculosis.
Indian J Gastroenterol 2000; 19; 136 – 137.
3. Bhutani V, Dutta U, Nagi B, Nijhawan R, Singh K.
Endocrine Cell Carcinoma of the Gallbladder.
Indian J Gastroenterol 2001: 109: 110.
4. Bhutani V, Dutta U, Das R, Singh K
Hemophagocytic Syndrome as the presenting manifestation of visceral leishmaniasis
J Assoc Physicians India 2002; 50: 838-839.
Medical Breakthroughs/Interesting Case Studies: