The Fortis Hospital, Shalimar Bagh has a state-of-the-art cardiac care centre. The hospital follows the best practices in invasive cardiology, non invasive cardiology and cardiac surgery with a dedicated team of medical professionals. The Fortis advanced Heart Command Centre is equipped with the latest monitoring systems. It also has a dedicated cardiac OT with advanced heart and lung machines from mache and laminar air flow.
The hospital has a 24x7 Emergency Bay armed with life saving devices and state-of-the-art cardiac ambulances for quick evacuation. The department consists of a team of very senior doctors with a rich experience in performing the complex of heart procedures. Doctors are highly trained both in India & abroad.
The department performs intervention cardiology, implanting cardiac devices, coronary interventions, percutaneous transvenous mitral commissur, aortic surgery, paediatric cardiology & cardiac surgery.
• Non Invasive Cardiology
Non-Invasive Cardiology deals with the detection and treatment of heart disease. It involves tests to evaluate and diagnose disorders of the heart. Non-invasive cardiologists perform diagnostic tests to identify heart problems. If the problem is treatable with diet or medication, they prescribe the appropriate drug therapy or dietary regimen.
• Non Invasive Cardiac Lab
The hospital has a non-invasive cardiac lab with the latest equipments capable of early detection of any heart disease. The lab boasts of a multi slice CT for non-invasive coronary angiographies.
The entire gamut of cardiac investigations like ECG, TMT, color doppler, echo cardiography, stress echo, holter study, nuclear cardiology (stress thallium study), multi slice CT angiography and ambulatory BP monitoring are conducted at the hospital.
• Non-Invasive Cardiac Scan on a 64-Slice CT Machine
The highlight of the Fortis Heart Command Centre is its 64-Slice CT Scanner capable of gathering a high-resolution image of heart, brain or lungs in about five seconds. A full body scan takes less than thirty seconds. The technology has been particularly exciting for studying the beating heart, providing the first clear non-invasive images of the heart and its major vessels. The scanner is unique as it is the least invasive imaging technique and offers accurate determination of the most stable cardiac phase for each heart region.
• Interventional Cardiology
This branch of cardiology deals with the use of non-surgical techniques to diagnose and treat certain conditions affecting the heart, specifically the catheter based treatment of structural heart diseases.
The Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory (Cath lab) is equipped with top-of-the-line digital flat panel cath machines from Philips which produces excellent image quality with lowest radiation. A team of highly skilled experts carry out an array of procedures including:
• Coronary, Carotid, Renal and Peripheral Angiography
• Day care Angiography
• Coronary, Renal, Carotid and Peripheral Angioplasty and Stenting
• Aortic, Pulmonary and Balloon Mitral Valvuloplasty
• Rotational and Directional Athrectomy
• ICD Implantation
• Closure of birth defects with devices
• PDA and ASD Closure
• Cardiac Electrophysiology (EPS)
Both diagnostic and therapeutic EP studies are routinely carried out here. Permanent pacemaker implantations, radio frequency catheter ablation, Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy (CRT), Implantable Cardiac Defibrillator (ICD) Implantation, CRT – D device implantation are routinely performed here.
• Cardio-Thoracic Vascular Surgery (CTVS)
The Cardiac Centre offers a wide spectrum of cardiac surgical procedures like:-
• By-pass Surgery (CABG) on a beating heart and on pump
• Valve Replacement Surgery for complex heart diseases
• Open as well as closed heart surgery
• Minimally invasive CABG
• Vascular Surgery
• Congenital and Paediatric Cardiac Surgery like the delicate Arterial Switch Operation and the Tetrology of Fallots
• Cardiac Surgery
The Fortis Heart Command Centre offers comprehensive cardiac treatment including the following procedures:
• Off-Pump & On-Pump Coronary Artery By-pass Surgery (CABG)
• Aortic Aneurysm Surgery
• Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery
• Peripheral Vascular Surgery
• Surgery for Arrhythmias
• Surgery for Congestive Cardiac Failure
• Cardiac Surgery of Neonates and Children
• Valve Replacements and Repairs
• Cardio Thoracic Vascular Surgery (CTVS)
The Department of CTVS offers on site evaluation of patients in a vast multitude of domains including:
• Thoracotomy: The expert team of surgeons and specialists conducts thoracotomy for a variety of procedures such as:
o Diagnostic thoracotomy for correct diagnosis of diseases
o Tracheal resection
o Removal of blood or infected fluid from chest cavity or pleural space
• Lung Resections: The surgeons perform several types of lung resections depending upon the tumor type, size and location. These include lobectomy, wedge resection, pneumonectomy and sleeve resection.
o Lung Volume Reduction Surgery