For over two decades, Fortis Hospital, Cunningham Road, has been at the forefront of cardiac care in Bangalore. The Centre has pioneered in many life-saving surgical procedures including a beating heart surgery which was carried out on a 4 year old child and the world's first conscious off-pump coronary artery by-pass surgery. Our cardiac healthcare programme is acknowledged as being among the best in Asia in terms of prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cardiac ailments.
The Fortis Centre of Excellence in Cardiac Sciences, Cunningham Road, is an ultra-modern, 24x7 facility provides the latest in interventional cardiology and cardiac surgeries. The Centre has a 31-bed CCU and a team of renowned cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons and electro-physiologists, ably supported by a team of highly competent para-medics and nurses. A dedicated cath laboratory for cardiac emergencies has also been set up to provide in time delivery of medical treatment.
Today, our Centres provide patients with the latest technologies in minimally invasive cardiac surgery, minimally invasive hybrid cardiac surgery, interventional cardiology, non-invasive cardiology, paediatric cardiology and paediatric cardiac surgery for coronary artery by-pass graft surgery, valve replacement and repair, and aneurysm and aortic dissection surgery.
• Achieved the lowest door to balloon time of 17 minutes with an average of 48 minutes for all the angioplasty cases.
• World's first conscious off-pump coronary artery by-pass surgery (1994).
• Asia-Pacific's first hospital to perform minimally invasive by-pass surgery (1996).
• World's first awake coronary by-pass surgery with aortic valve replacement (2000).
• India's first hospital to perform chronic atrial fibrillation using MAZ III (2002).
• India's first hospital to perform congenital giant aneurysm of the left atrium, on a two-year-old child.
• World's first hospital to surgically correct a primitive neuro ectodermal tumor of the heart.
• India's first open heart surgery on a 900gm baby for the removal of fungal mass.
The interventional cardiology procedures offered for adult cardiology and cardiac surgery are:
• Angiography and Angioplasty of arteries of neck, leg, arm and kidney
• ASD, VSD, PDA Device Closure
• Coronary Angiography, Angioplasty and Stenting
• EP Study (Diagnostic) and Ablation
• Endovascular Aneurysm Repair
• Heart failure device and AICD implantation
• Permanent Pacemaker (Single and Double Chamber)
The cardiothoracic and vascular surgery procedures offered are:
• Awake Heart Surgeries Surgery for Heart Failure
• Endoscopic Valve Repair and Replacement
• Endovascular Aortic Surgery
• Hybrid Aortic Surgery
• Keyhole By-pass Surgery
• Left Ventricle Restoration Surgery
• Left Ventricle Assist Devices (LVAD)
• Major Aortic Cardiac Aneurysm Surgeries
• Minimal Access Aortic Arch Replacement
• MAZE Procedures for AF (Atrial Fibrillation)
• Non Sternotomy Valve Repair and Replacement
• Off-pump By-pass Surgery
• Valve Surgeries
• Vascular and Thoracic surgeries, including VATS (Video Assisted Thoracic Surgery)