As a patient or an attendant, you have the right to Be treated with respect, consideration, compassion and dignity, in a safe and clean environment regardless of your age, gender, race, origin, religion, sexual orientation or disabilities.
All Intensive Care Units (ICUs) areas are restricted areas. Visitors are requested to adhere to the hospital protocols and wear isolation gown, mask, gloves, shoe covers and use hand sanitiser available at the hospital before and after entering these areas.
Fortis Hospital Mohali (FHM) was first accredited by the Joint Commission International (JCI) in 2007, and earned this accreditation for the third time in 2013. The Hospital has also received accreditation from the National Accreditation Board of Hospitals (NABH), India (renewed for the 4th time in 2014). These accreditations spell out that the highest and strictest patient safety standards are followed in the hospital.With over 344 beds, this tertiary care hospital has established itself as one of the best multi-specialty centre in the region.
Established in 2001, Fortis Hospital, Mohali, has successfully developed world class treatment and care facilities like remodelling, paediatric arterial switch operation, total knee and hip replacement, aortic aneurysms, tumour surgery, congenital diaphragmatic hernias, kidney tumour removal, kidney transplant, liver transplant, bariatric surgery, vascular surgery, racial dissection for oesophageal cancer and comprehensive cancer treatment facility.
Fortis Cancer Institute (FCI), inaugurated in 2014, is the region’s most comprehensive cancer care centre offering medical, surgical and radiation oncology. The cancer treatment programme at FCI ensures that every patient is reviewed by a Tumour Board. The facility is equipped with cutting-edge Radiation Therapy with world-class Monaco Treatment Planning System. Latest radiation therapies such as VMAT, SRS, SBRT and SRT are performed at FCI. This highly specific treatment ensures that only the cancer cells are destroyed, sparing the surrounding healthy tissues. Along with these, conventional radiation therapies such as IMRT, IGRT, ABC, 3D CRT & 4D Symmetry are also available at FCI. These treatment modalities ensure minimal burns, side-effects & a shorter treatment span. Treatment is delivered with sub-millimetre accuracy. In addition, FCI is equipped with Siemens Biograph True point with HD PET-CT, which combines the benefits of both. It has the ability to detect lesions as small as 1 mm, with minimal radio pharmaceutical dose.
Set on sprawling 8.22 acres, Fortis Hospital at Mohali has won several awards:
• FICCI Healthcare Excellence Award for Excellence in Healthcare Delivery, 2009
• CII Healthcare Award for Commitment to Excellence, 2011
• Dr Pratap C. Reddy's Safe Care Award for Best Infection Prevention Initiative, 2011
• Best Sustainable Hospital Project Award by HBII-MEDGATE, 2013
• CII 14th National Award for Excellence in Energy Management, 2013
• Best Multi-speciality Hospital in Mohali (Business & Service Excellence Awards) by BIG Research, 2013
• CSR Excellence Awards- We Care in 2013
• MT India Healthcare Award for India’s Top Hospital in 2013
• Intel Embedded Challenge Award for innovation in industry- Catheter reprocessing, 2014
• Amity CSR award, 2014
• Doc n Doc Gammex Saviour - Best Multi-Speciality Hospital- Non-Metro City, 2014
• Pan Fortis Innovation Award, 2014
• Award for Quality Beyond Accreditation, 2014 - Association of Healthcare Providers, India
• Fortis Hospital Mohali records 100% success rates in DNB radiology