Biofeedback, sometimes called biofeedback training, is used to help manage many physical and mental health issues, including:
- Anxiety or stress
- Chemotherapy side effects
- Chronic pain
- High blood pressure
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Raynaud's disease
Biofeedback appeals to people for a variety of reasons:
- It's noninvasive.
- It may reduce or eliminate the need for medications.
- It may be a treatment alternative for those who can't tolerate medications.
- It may be an option when medications haven't worked well.
- It may be an alternative to medications for some conditions during pregnancy.
- It helps people take charge of their health.