- MBBS & MD / MS / DNB BS passed candidates who qualify the NBE CET for BS & SS are eligible for admission to NBE certified DNB Courses.
- Centralized counseling for DNB in Broad (Primary & Diploma) as well as Super Specialties is conducted by NBE every year as per the academic calendar of NBE (http://www.natboard.edu.in)
- Subsequent to Centralized counseling the candidate is allocated to NBE accredited Hospital.
- The selected candidate (s) needs to visit the Hospital to complete the admission formalities and join the course within the time-frame as prescribed by NBE at the time of counseling.
- If the selected candidate (s) fails to secure admission within the prescribed time frame, an intimation regarding the same will be sent to NBE and the seat will be available for subsequent counseling session by NBE.
- The candidate (s) can contact the DNB Coordinator at Fortis Hospitals Limited, Mulund for clarifications, if any regarding the DNB courses.
- 8 Passport Size photographs (color)
- Attested photocopies of the following documents:
- Secondary School Certificate (SSC)
- Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSC)
- MBBS – Degree Certificate, Mark sheets of all University exams along with Attempt certificate.
- Diploma pass certificate mark sheets, attempt certificate, University Diploma certificate, MCI Recognition certificate (as applicable for DNB Secondary Courses).
- MD / MS / DNB – Degree Certificate, Mark sheets of all University exams along with attempt and pass certificate. (as applicable for DNB Super Specialty Courses).
- Internship Completion Certificate and permanent registration with Medical Council of India (MCI) and / or State Medical Council (MMC).
- Registration with Maharashtra Medical Council (MMC) is compulsory before residency begins.
- DNB CET BS & SS (as applicable) examination pass certificate with mark sheet.
- MCI recognition certificate from Head of the Institution.
- As per NBE guidelines, training fee of Rs. 50,000 per anum (inclusive of accommodation) and Rs. 40,000 per anum (excluding accommodation) is charged.
- The DNB candidates are required to pay the training fees via Demand Draft at the time of joining and by end of January every year.
- The demand draft has to be draw in favor of Fortis Hospitals Limited payable at Mumbai.
- If the candidate leaves the course before completion of the course duration, the training fees will not be refunded.
- All DNB Trainees will be paid a monthly stipend as per the remuneration policy of Fortis Hospitals Limited.
- The remuneration policy of the Hospital shall take into consideration recommendations give by NBE.
- Revision of the stipend amount is at the sole discretion of the Hospital Management.
- Shared accommodation for single candidates is available on a first come first served basis. Couple accommodation will not be provided by the Hospital.
Registration and Other Formalities
- DNB Trainees will be eligible for leaves as per the NBE guidelines.
- DNB Trainee can avail 20 days of leave in a calendar year, excluding one day weekly off.
- In addition, female trainees may be permitted a Maternity leave not exceeding 90 days once during the entire duration of the course, while Male candidates may be allowed Paternity leave of One week.
- No kind of Study Leave is permissible to DNB trainees.
- Trainees may avail of an academic leave of 14 days across the three years training programme to attend Conferences / Seminars only.
- Under normal circumstances leave of one year can't be carried forward to the next year, however, in exceptional cases like prolonged illness or any meritorious grounds, the leave across the training programme may be clubbed together.
- Any other leave other than the above is not permissible and shall lead to the extension of the course.
Termination of Training Registration
NBE issues guidelines from time to time, which should be followed. It is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure that these formalities are completed as per the prescribed time frame. The Hospital on its behalf will provide complete cooperation and will facilitate the process to the best of its ability. A few important rules are as mentioned below:
- Candidates are required to join within the specified time frame.
- The candidate should apply for registration with NBE in the prescribed proforma within one (1) month of joining.
- The candidate should submit thesis protocol to NBE within three (3) months of joining.
- Final thesis should be submitted to NBE for approval six (6) months prior to final examination by NBE.
- The candidate should maintain an updated logbook as prescribed by NBE. The same has to be certified by the Guide and need to be submitted at the time of final examination.
- The candidate should periodically visit the NBE website (http://www.natboard.edu.in) for notices, updates, provisional registration number, thesis protocol approval, roll number, thesis acceptance, exam schedule etc.
- If the candidate fails to abide by the NBE guidelines, the Hospital is not responsible for the consequences.
Revision of Rules
The training registration of a candidate will be terminated or cancelled after due warning if
- Attendance fall below the benchmark set by NBE guidelines.
- Academic performance on internal assessment is not upto the mark.
- Substandard or below par or unsatisfactory ward / clinical work.
- Dereliction of duties or insubordination.
- Training fees or other dues are not deposited within the prescribed time frame.
- Gross misconduct / indiscipline.
In all such cases intimation will be sent to NBE and no refunds will be allocated. Providing false information or furnishing false documents will be treated similarly. The decision of the authorized committee on the matter will be final and binding.
The candidates will have to adhere to the rules and regulations of the institution as and when they are revised.
Dr. Tushar Gawad