Fortis Institute of Nursing, Mulund
Fortis Institute of Nursing is a premier Institute in Mumbai offering Basic B. Sc.
Nursing to 50 candidates & Post Basic B. Sc. Nursing to 30 candidates. Admission is open to
both male & female candidates. The Institute is affiliated to Maharashtra University of Health
Sciences Nashik (MUHS) and is recognized by INC & MNC.
The Fortis Institute of Nursing is lead by the Principal Professor Anita Collins. She has many years of experience in the clinicals and in the fields of education and research. She has won International Awards and is the first Indian nurse to sit as member of the Education and Research Committee of the North American Nursing Diagnosis Association-International. She has authored nursing books. The team comprises of hand picked, competent and experienced faculties of all specialities.
The Fortis Institute of Nursing, began as Wockhardt Institute of Nursing in 2008. In 2009 Fortis Health Care Ltd, one of India's leading chain of super speciality
hospitals with its brand of fast expansion brought the college into its embrace. The college subsequently changed its name to Fortis Institute of Nursing with effect from 17 February 2011.
To provide quality education based on our strong commitment to nursing practice, education, research, innovation and collaboration.
To develop world class nurse clinicians, educators and researchers by :
- Creating excellence in students by providing experienced faculty of international standing & state of art facilities.
- Inculcating professionalism in students by ensuring the Institute is professionally managed, with professionals from hospitals, academics and management, contributing their expertise to benefit students.
- Providing students a unique opportunity to gain practical experience in Fortis's very own multi-speciality hospitals at Mulund, Kalyan & other Public / Municipal Hospitals.
- Dedication : We believe in hiring and training talented professional educators who are totally dedicated to developing our students.
- Professionalism : We value professionalism which allows initiative and innovative andragogy at every level and creates an
environment of team spirit among faculty and students.
- Social justice : We believe in the value of the student , the inherent worth of the individual and the right of each student to attain high
standards in education and we work with each student to achieve these standards.
- Tapping the potential : We believe in life long learning, tapping potentials and advancing students knowledge base by exposing
them to international standards in education.
- Research : Faculty and students are encouraged to undertake research studies to remain at the cutting edge in nursing discipline,
technology and innovation. The faculty are presently involved with research in collaboration with TNAI and NANDA-I.
- Team Culture : Fortis Institute of Nursing operates like a team with a strong sense of belonging in all classes of its teaching and non
teaching faculty and students.