Dr. Sonia Kapur
Fortis Escorts Hospital, Amritsar
Mental Health And Behavioural Sciences
Dr Sonia Kapur is a renowned and reputed clinical psychologist. After having done her masters in psychology in 1998, she attained the doctorate degree in 2006. She has written 10 research papers for both national and international consulted journals and has also presented the same in national and international conferences. She has to her credit 20 years of experience of treating people with various psychological problems by providing psychotherapy. One of her top-of-the-drawer qualities is that she reduces the patient’s dependency on psychiatric drugs with the help of psychological coping strategies. She is also a life time member of CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGISTS OF DELHI (DACP). Approaching the patient with a humanistic approach, and stirring up the positivity and strong conviction within their minds for a better outlook of life, is what she offers her patients so that they can live their life in a recuperated way.
Her clinical interests are in - all types of psychological problems/CBT (Cognitive behavioral therapy), REBT, Biofeed BACK, Desensitization, Behaviour therapy, Implosive, Psychoanalysis, Gestalt Therapy, Positive Psychotherapy, Group Psychotherapy, Applied behaviour therapy, Expressive therapy, Interpersonal psychotherapy, Narrative therapy, Integrative psychotherapy, Human givens therapy/ counselling, psychotherapy, psychological assessments and IQ test.
(1) Published in Journal Of Personality Study And Group Behavior vol.24, 2004:- "Psychological correlates of Need for Power".- Sonia Kapur and Rajinder Kaur.
(2) Published in Journal Of The Indian Academy Of Applied Psychology,vol.31,2005 :-"Gender Differences In Need For Power And Its Psychological Correlates".-Sonia Kapur and Rajinder Kaur.
(3) Published in Indian Journal Of Community Psychology, vol.2,2006:-“Women And Power: A Factorial Study”-Sonia Kapur
(4) Published in Human behaviour:Journal of Applied Psychology,vol.1,2007:- “Need for power in relation to personality characteristics, locus of control,values and psychosomatic symptoms among male students: A factorial study”- Sonia Kapur
5) Published in Journal of Personality Study And Group Behaviour vol.27-28,2007-2008:- “ Need for power and value orientation among male and female students”.-Sonia Kapur
6) Published in Indian journal of Positive Psychology,Vol.5, issue 4,2014. :-“Power motivation and value orientations among graduates”-Sonia Kapur
7) Published in saudi journal of sports medicine,vol 15,issue 3,sept-dec,2015 :-“gender difference in relation to emotional intelligence and conflict among elite boxing players”. –Karanbir singh,Sonia kapur
8) Published in the International Journal of Psychology,vol 2,issue 4,jul-sept,2015:- “To study the effect of parental involvement on self esteem in Indian youth players”- Kaur Arshdeep,Kapur Sonia,Singh Karanbir.
9) Published in the International Journal of Sports Sciences and Physical Education, VOL.4,Issue 1,2016 :-“Self Handicapping and Self Esteem among Sportsman”- Thakur,Nagma. And Kapur ,Sonia.
10) Published in the Proceedings of the National Conference on Psychological Measurement:Strategies for the new millennium, 2011:- “Ethical issues in Psychological Testing.”- Sonia Kapur.
11) Published Abstract in the Souvenir of the National Conference on Psychological Measurements organized by discipline of Psychology,Indira Gandhi National Open University, 2011.
Life time member of Clinical Psychologists of Delhi (DACP)