Dr. Nandkumar Sundaram
Fortis Malar Hospital, Adyar
Orthopaedics / Bone & Joint Surgery
PAY ONLINE AND GET 10% OFF
Dr. Nandkumar Sundaram, the renowned orthopedic surgeon, has been successfully performing joint replacement surgeries in the country for the past three decades. He has successfully performed more than 15000 knee and hip replacement surgeries till date. He pioneered the art of total shoulder replacement surgery first in the country.
Dr. Nandkumar Sundram returned from UK to pursue his practice to help the needy in this country. He with like-minded people started Tamilnad Hospital in 1992 where he was the head of the departmaent and Senior Consultant in Trauma. Performed all orthopaedic trauma surgeries, total hip arthroplasties, total knee arthroplasties, total shoulder arthroplasties, arthroscopy of knee and ACL reconstruction. Did extensive work in the field of hand surgery, especially in rehabilitation of the hand in industrial accidents. He had extensive experience in Paediatric orthopaedics especially post-polio limb deformity correction, Club foot, Congenital dislocation of the hip and Perthe's disease. Did extensive work in the field of Orthopaedic Oncology and was instrumental in setting up a Bone bank, the first of its kind in India in 1994.
M.B.B.S, F.R.C.S, M.SC [Ortho][Lon]
- Indian Medical Council
- General Medical Council of England
- British Orthopaedic Association
- Madras Orthopaedic Association
- Tamilnadu Orthopaedic Association
- Indian Orthopaedic Association
- Indian Arthroscopy Society
- Indian Arthroplasty Association
- Awarded the al-saati gold medal for outstanding performance –london
- Conferred ‘the best doctor award’ by the government of tamilnadu
- Awarded honorary adjunct professor- dr.mgr medical university in 2011
- Pioneered the art of total shoulder replacement surgery first in the country in 1995
- Did extensive work in the field of orthopaedic oncology and was instrumental in setting up a bone bank, the first of its kind in india in 1994
- He was recognised as an instructor and guide by the national board of examinations, mci and was involved in training two students every year for the award of the degree of dip. National board exams at tamilnad hospital for 8 yrs.
- Examiner for D.N.B orthopaedics held in bone and joint hospital, chennai-for fellowship in joint replacement
- Examiner for Phd examinations of the sastras university, tanjore 2013
- He was special surgeon to late president mr. K.r. Narayanan and late prime minister mr. V.p.singh