Dr. Sandeep Mehta
Fortis Hospital, Shalimar Bagh
Dr Sandeep Mehta is a plastic reconstructive and microvascular surgeon dedicated full time towards reconstruction for all kinds of cancer surgeries for the past 20 yrs. He has performed over 15,000 reconstructions pertaining to cancer extirpation of Head and Neck, Breast, Oncoplasty, Thoracic, Genito-urinary, Gynecology and Limb Salvage surgeries. He has done pioneer work with super-microsurgery in Pre-emptive Lympho-Venous Anastomosis for prevention of Lymphoedema in Breast Cancer Treatment. He is acclaimed for his ingenuity to solve any reconstructive crisis.
- Additional Director Surgical Oncology & HOD Reconstructive surgery, at BLK Super-specialty Hospital, New Delhi-since Jan 2015- Dec 2018
- Senior Consultant Surgical Oncology & Chief of Reconstructive Plastic & Micro vascular Surgery, Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute & Research Centre, New Delhi. for 18 years.
- Associate Specialist, Plastic Surgery, at Tata Main Hospital, Jamshedpur.
- Pool- Officer/ Specialist Plastic Surgeon. Department of Burns, Plastic and Maxillofacial Surgery, Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi. for 5 years.
- Head & Neck Surgery.
- Cranio-Facial Resection & Skull Base Reconstructions.
- Breast Reconstruction and Breast Oncoplasty
- Sternal &Chest Wall Tumor
- Biological Reconstructions In Limb Salvage Surgeries
- Major Vascular Repairs.
- Lympho-venous anastomosis for Lymphedema
More than 25 publications in national and international peer reviewed scientific journals and books.
M.B.B.S, M.S., M.Ch
- Life Member, Association of Plastic Surgeons of India.
- Life Member, Foundation for Head & Neck Oncology
- Member, Society of Robotic Surgery.
- Life Member, Indian Association of Surgical Oncology
- Member, International Confederation for Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery.
- Life Member, National Academy of Burns, India
EDUCATION AND FELLOWSHIPS:
M.S. (General Surgery)
M.Ch (Plastic surgery) (PGI Chandigarh, India)
ADVANCED TRAINING and SPECIALISATION
Transoral and micro laryngeal Laser surgery -University of Genoa, ITALY.
Trans oral Robotic surgery - reconstruction-University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA.
Skull base resection and reconstruction-JIPMER, Pondicherry with Pittsburgh Skull base programme.
Post Laryngectomy voice rehabilitation-Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, with Global Post laryngectomy Rehabilitation Academy Programme, Switzerland.
Maxillofacial Bioengineered tissue synthesis and Reconstructions -AO Workshops & Courses, South East Asian Section.
- National Merit Scholarship from Board of Secondary Education, M.P., Bhopal.
- Secured FIRST position in the state in pre –medical exam. 1979.
- Secured DISTINCTION in First Professional of M.B.B.S. and merit scholarship during entire MBBS education.
- Acclaimed teacher and guest speaker at various national and international conferences
- Invited faculty at various national and international surgical workshops on microsurgery and reconstruction in cancer.