Dr. Anindyo Chattopadhyay
Fortis Hospital Anandapur, Kolkata
Dr. Anindya Chattopadhyay is a Consultant in the Pediatric Surgery Department. His special interest are:
- Neonatal Surgery
- Pediatric Urology
- Pediatric Neurosurgery
- Pediatric Solid Tumors
He has completed his MBBS from Burdwan Medical college in the year 1990; thereafter he completed his MS in the field of Enteric Fever and its surgical complications from Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh (Period 1991-1993). He underwent a sub specialization in Pediatric Surgery (M. Ch) at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi from 1994 to 1996. During this period he was exposed to subspecialties like Pediatric Urology, Intersex Neurosurgery and Treatment of Pediatric Solid Malignancies.
- Thesis entitled “The aetiology of Non-Traumatic small bowel perforations” during the training for MS (General Surgery)
- Dissertations titled” Ultrasonographic evaluation of normal renal growth and evaluation of renal growth after antireflux surgery in primary vesicoureteral reflux” and “Creation of an isolated bowel segment by omentoenteropexy: evaluation by fluoroscein angiography and histopathology” submitted during the M. Ch Pediatric Surgery Training.
- Dr. Anindya Chattopadhyay has got seven gold medals for performances in various medical subjects during his study of M.B.B.S
- He was awarded a Bronze Medal during his study of MS (General Surgery) examination for the best performance in his batch.
- Visited St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee, US as a Fellow in the International Outreach Program of the Institute in September 2003