Dr. Deepak Kapila
Fortis Escorts Hospital, Amritsar
We use the class nav-pills instead of nav-tabs which automatically creates a background color for the tab
We applied clearfix to the tab-content to rid of the gap between the tab and the content
We use css to change the background color of the content to be equal to the tab
Dr. Deepak Kapila is an experienced Interventional Cardiologist with over 18 years of experience post DNB (Cardiology). He has been associating wtih Fortis Escorts Hospital, Amritsar as Senior Consultant since 2008 and is adept at performing complex Coronary & Peripheral Angioplasties including Renal & Carotid interventions, Balloon Valvuloplasties, Pediatric interventions including device implantation (ASD & PDA closure) and Pacemaker Implantations/CRT.
He has interest in Radial Angioplasty and has attended a recent International Training Session on the same.
- MBBS (1984-1989), GNDU Amritsar
- MD (Post Graduate residency training in subject of Internal Medicine from GNDU, Amritsar(1991-1993).
- DNB( Cardiology) Super – specialist three years extensive training in cardiology at Escorts Heart Institute & Research Centre, New Delhi from 1998-2001
- Fellowship in interventional cardiology at world renowned Mount Sinai School of Medicine, NEW YORK, USA(2004-2005).Trained in complex coronary & peripheral interventions including Rotablations, Artificial heart (Tandem heart) etc.
- Fellow of International Medical Sciences Academy (IMSA) which is Associate member of the Council for International Organizations of Medical Sciences (CIOMS) Geneva
- Published the MD thesis for GNDU entitled- Role of Nitrendipine in single versus, double daily doses in patients with mild to moderate HTN.
- Role of Multiplane TEE in patients with CAD
- Role of Multiplane TEE in patients with Valvular Heart Disease.
- Multiple Coil implantation in patients with moderate to large sized PDA.
- Experience of Amplatzer device in patients with ASD closure.
- Role of IABP in patients with complicated AMI presenting in emergency room.
- Coronary ectasia. Role of anticoagulation.
- Comparison of present DES, Cypher v/s Taxus.
MD, DNB (Cardiology), FIMSA, Fellowship Interventional Cardiology (USA)
- Silver medal in Anatomy during MBBS
- Distinction in subjects of Pharmacology, Forensic medicine, Internal Medicine
- 1st position in University in Pathology & Microbiology
- 2nd position in University in Pharmacology, Forensic Medicine, Anatomy, Social & Preventive Medicine.