Dr. Mohit Kaushal
Fortis Hospital, Mohali
Dr Mohit Kaushal specialzes in the treatment of difficult to control Asthma, COPD, Interstitial Lung Diseases, lung cancer, Interventional Pulmonology, Sleep apnea syndrome, Critical Care Medicine, General Pulmonary Medicine, Pleural Disease and Respiratory Allergies. With the special interest in Interventional Pulmonology, he obtained a fellowship from Metro Centre for Respiratory Diseases, Noida.
- Experienced in providing comprehensive care to a wide spectrum of ILDs patients (including the rarer ones) which comprises of diagnosis, multidisciplinary management and pulmonary rehabilitation
- Have been privileged to be a part of India’s only WASOG center for Sarcoidosis management at Metro Hospital
- Experienced in running a severe asthma clinic providing services like phenotyping asthma; diagnostic procedures like spirometry, body plethysmography, impulse Oscillometry, FeNO, comprehensive allergy panel, nasal Rhino manometry; and use of conventional as well as newer treatment modalities like biological therapies, immunotherapy and bronchial Thermoplasty
- Experienced in treating uncommon disease like Pulmonary alveolar proteinases, Pulmonary thromboembolism, pulmonary artery hypertension etc
- Experienced in Sleep Medicine for adults including OSA, SDB, PAP therapy.
- Original article: “COPD and Cardiac co-morbidities: A cross sectional study” published in “Lung India” Vol 33 /issue 4/ July-Aug 2016.
- Diagnosis of Adenocarcinoma lung on sputum examination in patient reluctant to undergo biopsy - providing opportunity for targeted therapy for palliation if not early detection"
- Original article: Effect of respiratory muscle training and pulmonary rehabilitation on exercise capacity in patients with ILD- a prospective quasi-experimental study.
MD, DTCD, DNB (Respiratory Diseases), Fellowship in Interventional Pulmonology
- Life member Indian Association of Bronchology
- Life member Indian Chest Society
- Certificate of excellence: 1st runner up Zonal round- North Zone Torrent Young Scholar award Pulmonology, 2017
- Certificate of excellence: 1st runner up All India, Torrent Young Scholar award Pulmonology, 2017