Dr. Sanjeeb Roy
Fortis Escorts Hospital, Jaipur
Dr. Roy’s core practice involves complex coronary intervention, with keen interest for bifurcation lesions, chronic total occlusions, left main interventions, multi-vessel angioplasty, and small vessel interventions. He also does rota-ablation during angioplasty for tough and calcific lesion and is a proctor for this expertise. To optimize the angioplasty results, he is one of the few experts using imaging studies like IVUS and OCT and to assess hemodynamic significance FFR study. He is the only cardiologist in this part of the country trained for antegrade dissection, re-entry technique, and retrograde technique in totally occluded lesions. He maintains his interest in non-coronary interventions with balloon dilatations of valves (mitral, aortic, pulmonary), dilatation and stenting of Coarctation, device closures of septal defects, septal ablation in HOCM, peripheral vascular interventions including carotids, endovascular management of aortic aneurysm and dissections. He is trained in atherectomy with eluting ballooning for SFA and PA lesions in peripheral interventions.
Dr. Sanjeeb is also involved in the management of rhythm disorders with pacemaker / AICD implantations and heart failure management with biventricular devices (CRT). He is in charge of the heart failure clinic at Fortis Jaipur. He has been involved in various teaching assignments and proctorship programs for complex coronary interventions, bifurcation lesion, complex PCI, dial out strategy and uses of Rota / IVUS / OCT.
He is also the Program In-charge for an academic course at Fortis Escorts Jaipur. He has several publications in journals and textbooks to his credit. He has made case and poster presentations and has been the speaker at various National and International conferences. Also, he has been the operator in live case transmission of complex PCI at International and national platforms.
- CHAMPION PCI Study. Clinical subset: PCI in ACS. Role: Principal Investigator. Completed and published in NEJM in 2009
- CURRENT OASIS Study. Clinical subset: ACS. Role: Co-Investigator. Completed and published in Lancet in 2010
- APPRAISE-2 Study. Clinical subset: ACS. Role: Co-Investigator. Completed and presented at ACC 2011
- TRILOGY ACS Study. Clinical subset: ACS. Role: Co-Investigator. Completed and published in NEJM in 2012.
- SOLID TIMI 52. Clinical subset: DM with ACS. Role: Principal Investigator. Completed and data being analyzed.
- HOPE-3 study. Clinical subset : CAD (Primary prevention). Role : Co-Investigator. Completed and presented in ACC 2016.
- TAXEDO study. Role: Principal Investigator. Completed and data being analyzed.
- Pressure wire FFR study. Role: Principal Investigator. Completed and data being analyzed.
- OCT guided PCI in Complex lesion. Role : Principal Investigator. Ongoing study.
- Site investigator in Promus Element Registry, Prasugrel Registry, IRACE, PMD Registry, Biomime Registry, Evermime 50 Registry, Yokon Choice Registry, Mozec Registry.
- Co-investigator in Stabiligy, Savor TIMI 53, Umpire, Axion ACS, Recreate registry.
MD, DM, FACI
- Fellow, American College of Cardiology (FACC), 2014.
- Fellow, European Society of Cardiology (FESC), 2015.
- Fellow, Society of Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions (FSCAI), 2011.
- Fellow, Asian Pacific Society of Interventional Cardiology (FAPSIC), 2014.
- Member of Cardiological Society of India (CSI) since 1999.
- Member of Indian Academy of Echocardiography (IAE) since 1999.
- Member of Indian Heart Rhythm Society (IHRS) since 2007.
- Membership of Cardiology Society of India Indian Society of Echocardiography, and Indian Society of Electrocardiography since 1999.
- Member of European Heart Rhythm Association (EHRA) since, 2014.
- Member of American Society of Echocardiography (ASE), 2017.
- Young Achiever Award: presented by Indian Medical Association, Jaipur Chapter, and Medical Private Practitioners Association, 2010
- Best Three Cases Presented Award. Complex PCI Case. INDIA LIVE 2010. New Delhi, Feb 2010
- Honor and recognition at various public and social events at various platforms in events organized by various societies and NGOs across Rajasthan