Dr. Sonali Pandit
Fortis Hospital, Mulund
Dr. Sonali Pandit is an ENT Surgeon-Scientist of international repute having wide experience in field of Ear, Nose and Throat surgery as well as Hearing Research. She is one of the best known ENT specialists in Mumbai for her skill and expertise at treating all things related to ENT complaints. As an ENT specialist, Dr. Sonali Pandit focuses on cases that cover extensive range of ENT ailments that affect ear, nose and throat.
After completing her post-graduation in ENT, she worked for 8 years in Australia and gained valuable surgical and research experience. Her main areas of interests are Otology, Hearing Research, Neurotology, Pediatric ENT and voice & phonosurgery. She is well known for her research work on stem cell treatment for sensorineural hearing loss.
She has been an active voice for the prevention of lifestyle diseases related to ENT issues and has been invited as guest faculty in various seminars and conferences
Her main areas of interests are Otology, Hearing Research, Neurotology, Vertigo and Tinnitus diagnosis and treatment ,Pediatric ENT and voice & phonosurgery. She is well known for her research work on stem cell treatment for sensorineural hearing loss.
- Pandit Sonali (May 2011) Stem cell therapy for sensorineural hearing loss, Journal of ENT Malabar AOI chapter vol 4.
- Pandit, S. R., Sullivan, J.M., Egger, V., Borecki, A.A., and Oleskevich, S. (2010) Functional effects of adult human olfactory stem cells on early onset sensorineural hearing loss. Stem cells (February 2011).
- Roth JA, Pandit SR, Soma M, Kertesz TR. Ossicular chain reconstruction with a titanium prosthesis. J Laryngol Otol (2009) Oct;123(10):1082-6.
- Cohen*, M.A., Sullivan*, J.M, Pandit, S.R., Borecki, A.A, and Oleskevich, S. (2010) Effect of epithelial stem cell transplantation on noise-induced hearing loss in adult mice. Neurobiology of Disease.
- M.S. (ENT) from Govt. Medical College, Aurangabad, India, January 2002.
- M.S. (Hearing Research) from St. Vincent’s Clinical School, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia, February 2012.
- Advance Training in Pediatric ENT from Sydney’s Children’s Hospital, Sydney, Australia, January 2007 to January 2008.
- Fellowship in Hearing Research, Garvan Institute of Medical Research Sydney, Australia, February 2010.
- Member of Association of Otolaryngologists of India(AOI), Mumbai branch
- Member of Association of Phonosurgeons of India
- Executive committee member of Otoneurology section of Indian Academy of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery (IAOHNS)
- Poster presentation at Frontiers in Otolaryngology, Noosa Queensland July 30- August 1, 2008. Australia (First prize).
- Poster presentation at the 18th St. Vincent’s and Mater Health Sydney Research Symposium, 19th September 2008.(First prize)
- Poster presentation at the 29th Annual Meeting of the Australian Neuroscience Society, Canberra 27-30 January 2009 (Poster prize winner)
- Scientific paper presentation on “Secondary BPPV- an entity not be missed” in Maharashtra State conference (MENTCON) Aurangabad November 2019 (First Prize Thane branch silver Jubillee Consultant Paper Award)