Dr. Sunil Kumar
Fortis Hospital, Mohali
Urology, Andrology & Transplant Surgery
The doctor is available for consultation at multiple locations. Please choose where you would like to visit.
We use the class nav-pills instead of nav-tabs which automatically creates a background color for the tab
We applied clearfix to the tab-content to rid of the gap between the tab and the content
We use css to change the background color of the content to be equal to the tab
Dr Sunil Kumar has experience of more than 12 years in the field of kidney transplant and had performed more than 1200 transplants so far. Before moving to Fortis hospital, he had worked in PGIMER Chandigarh for around 11 years and gained vast knowledge alongwith invaluable surgical skills. In 2014, he visited Oxford (U.K) for Fellowship in Pancreas transplants. And after coming back to India, Dr Sunil worked as Assistant Professor and played a vital role in starting and establishing Pancreas Transplant at PGI. He had also been actively involved in the deceased (cadaver) donor multiorgan Transplants and ABO incompatible transplants.
Special areas of interest
- Living donor kidney transplants
- ABO incompatible kidney transplants
- Deceased donor (cadaver) multiorgan harvesting and transplants
- Dialysis access procedures (AV Fistulas)
- Critical care and transplant follow up
MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Pancreas and Multiorgan Transplants, Oxford (UK)
- Life member of Indian Society of Organ Transplantation (ISOT)
- Life member of Vascular Access Society (VAS)
- Best paper presentation award at the conference of Indian Society of Organ Transplantation (ISOT) in 2010 at Hyderabad, India.
- Best paper presentation award at the conference Indian Society of Nephrology (ISN-CON) in 2010 at Thiruvanantpurum, India.
- Second prize in poster presentation at the conference of Indian Society of Organ Transplantation (ISOT) in 2013 at Bhubaneshwar, India
- Awarded Astellas international transplant fellowship award (cash prize of Rs 1,25,000) at ISOT conference at Aurangabad in 2014.