Dr. Swati Garekar
Fortis Hospital, Mulund | Hiranandani Hospital, Vashi A Fortis network Hospital
Paediatrics Cardiac Sciences
The doctor is available for consultation at multiple locations. Please choose where you would like to visit.
We use the class nav-pills instead of nav-tabs which automatically creates a background color for the tab
We applied clearfix to the tab-content to rid of the gap between the tab and the content
We use css to change the background color of the content to be equal to the tab
Dr. Swati Garekar is a senior pediatric cardiologist in the Fortis Pediatric Heart Care Team (Fortis PHC Team). She has been associated with the center since its inception in 2006, as the first comprehensive pediatric cardiac care center in Mumbai. Her approach to a baby and their parents has been that of compassion for them coupled with evidence-based guidance for the path ahead. It helps that she has had the best training followed by ample experience. The Fortis PHC team members bring together their individual strengths and ensure the best care possible for each and every patient.
AREAS OF INTEREST
- Fetal echocardiography
- 3D printing of complex heart defects
- Heart Failure: Cardiomyopathies and Heart Transplant
3-year residency in Pediatrics (American Board Certified) at the Children’s Hospital of Michigan, Detroit, Michigan, US.
3-year Pediatric Cardiology fellowship at the Children’s Hospital of Michigan, Detroit, Michigan, US (American Board Certified -valid certificate to date)
Training Course in 3 D echocardiography at Evelina Children’s hospital, London, UK (2011)
- Numerous publications in indexed medical journals including Journal of American College of Cardiology, Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, World Journal of Pediatric and Congenital Heart Surgery, Catheter and Cardiovascular Interventions, Annals of Pediatric Cardiology and NeoReviews
- Numerous book chapters with various publications houses including JayPee, American Academy of Pediatrics , Indian Academy of Pediatrics and Springer.
- Numerous talks at conferences all over India
American Board Certified (Pediatric Cardiology)
- PCSI: Pediatric Cardiac Society of India
- IAP: Indian Academy of Pediatrics
- ABP: American Board of Pediatrics
- INSHLT: Indian Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation
- SfHLT: Society for Heart Failure and Transplants
- IACI: Indian Association of Cardiovascular Imaging
- IAE: Indian Academy of Echocardiography