Dr. Tapaswini Pradhan
Fortis Hospital, Shalimar Bagh
Dr Tapaswini Pradhan Sharma is a trained head and neck cancer surgeon from All India Institute of Medical Science, New Delhi, India and has been practicing for the past 18 years. She is currently working as a Senior Consultant, Head and Neck Cancer at Fortis Hospital, Shalimar Bagh. Her medical qualifications include MBBS, MS (ENT), and DNB. Additionally, she also possesses fellowship from Royal Marsden Cancer Hospital, Chelsea, UK. Her area of specialization includes Head & Neck Oncosurgery. She is trained in performing Transoral Laser( TOLS), Transoral Robotic(TORS) and Endoscopic skull-base Surgeries. She is an esteemed member of various reputed organizations and has been on the executive council of Foundation of Head and Neck Oncology ( FHNO) She is a regular faculty at various national and international conferences and workshops. She has numerous articles and papers to her credit.
She has worked with hospitals like BLK Super Specialty Hospital, New Delhi, as Senior Consultant, Surgical Oncolog (Head and Neck Oncology) for 4 years. Prior to that she was associated with Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute & Research Centre for 5 years as a onsultant in Head & Neck for the last 5 years. She is well versed in the use of Lasers in oral surgery and has also been trained in trans- oral robotic surgery. She is an expert in trans oral Laser Micro Laryngeal surgery and Endoscopic skull base surgery.
- BLK Super Specialty Hospital, New Delhi, as Senior Consultant, Surgical Oncology, (Head & Neck oncology)
- The Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute, Delhi as Consultant, Surgical Incology
- AIIMS, New Delhi as Sr. Research Officer
- AIIMS, New Delhi as Sr. Research Fellow
- Lady Hardinge, New Delhi as Demonstrator / Senior Resident
M.B.B.S., M.S. (E.N.T), D.N.B. (E.N.T)
ADVANCED TRAINING and SPECIALISATION
- Area of specialization: Head and neck cancer surgeries and otolaryngologic surgical procedures.
- Transoral and micro laryngeal Laser surgery & Head Neck Oncology-University of Genova, Genova, ITALY.
- Trans oral Robotic surgery -University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA.
- Endoscopic skull base surgery: University of Pittsburg Medical Center, USA
- Post Laryngectomy voice rehabilitation-Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, with Global Post laryngectomy programme, Switzerland.
- Maxillofacial Bioengineered tissue synthesis and Reconstructions -AO Workshops & Courses, South East Asian Section.
Skull base society of India
Society of Robotic Surgery
Awarded a research Fellowship at the Royal Marsden Cancer Hospital, London in December 2006.
Gold medal for the Best Free Paper at the 5th Foundation for Head and Neck Oncology National Conference, Lucknow, 2006.
The paper “Correlation of clinical and pathological nodal status in gingivobuccal cancers,” was named among the best four papers at the sixth national conference of the Foundation for Head and Neck Oncology, Udaipur, October 2006.
“Functional and oncologic results of Near-total Laryngectomy” won the best junior consultant paper award at the 5th SAARC Otolaryngologists Congress, New Delhi, September 2006.
A paper on Correlation of clinical and pathological nodal status in gingivobuccal cancers, awarded the third prize at AIOCON 2007, Bhubaneswar
2nd prize at the quiz contest of the 16th Annual conference of the All India Rhinology Society, July 2003.
2nd prize at the quiz contest of the Association of Otolaryngologists of India, the 24th annual conference [Delhi state branch], held in April 2001.
“Rigid Bronchoscopy for Bronchial Foreign Bodies in Paediatric Patients With and Without Hopkins Telescope,” was awarded the gold medal at the Smt Mukut Saharia Award Session of the 22nd Annual Conference of A.O.I, Delhi State Branch. March 1999.