Dr. Vijay Jagdish Jagad
Fortis Hospital, Mohali
Dr Vijay Jagdish Jagad did MS (General Surgery) from GMC Ambejogai, MCh (Surgical Oncology) from RCC Trivandrum, Kerala and MRCS from Royal College of Surgeon England. He has a rich 4+ years of experience in the field of Surgical Oncology. He has nine publications in indexed journal. During his tenure of Surgical Oncology he has done research in optimal management of rare upper alveolus tumor which is associated with mutilating surgery and facial deformity. His special interest lies in laparoscopic oncosurgery. He has proclivity for thoraco-laparoscopic esophagectomy for carcinoma esophagus, Laparoscopic radical hysterectomy for carcinoma of cervix and endometrium, and laparoscopic anterior-resection or abdomino-perineal resection for carcinoma rectum. He has also been trained in LASER resection of early tumors of oral cavity, larynx and hypopharynx. LASER has potential advantage of less post-operative scarring and preservation of the functional outcome of the organ.
- Thyroid Gland Involvement in Carcinoma Larynx & Hypopharynx – predictive factor & prognostic significance. Journal of clinical and diagnostic research 2016 Feb. Vol10 (2). Same paper was presented as poster in IFHNOS 2014 (New York)
- Diffuse Osteoradionecrosis of Temporal Bone as a late complication of radiotherapy to Parotid Bed: A Case Report. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Report. May 2014; Vol 8 (5).
- Carcinoma Ovary Masquerading as Metastatic Hepatocellular Carcinoma – Case report. Journal Pharm Biomed Sci Nov. 2017; 07(11).
- Chemo-radiation in Small Cell Neuroendocrine Carcinoma Oesophagus: A Case Report. Journal Pharm Biomed Sci Nov 2017; 07 (11).
- Chondrosarcoma of Right Upper Limb : Largest of its kind operated in our Institute. Indian Journal of Clinical Practice. Dec 2017; Vol 28 (7).
- Unicentric Castleman Disease. Indian Journal of Clinical Practice Dec 2017 Vol 28 (7).
- Impact of using triclosan-impregnated sutures on incidence of surgical site infection : a real world Indian Study. International Surgery Journal Feb 2018 Vol 5 (2).
- Dreaded Complication of Free Flap Failure Managed Intelligently. Indian Journal of Clinical Practice. Sep 2018, Vol (29)
- A Case of Synchronous Granulosa Cell Tumor of Ovary with Endometrial Carcinoma – A Rare Case Report with Review of Literature. International Journal of Current Research. May 2018 Vol 10 (5).
MCh, MS, MRCS
Member of Royal College of Surgeon (England)