Dr. Vikas Bhutani
Fortis Hospital, Mohali
Dr. Vikas Bhutani is well-known Internal Medicine specialist with over 25 years of experience in the fields of Diabetes, Hypertension, Cardiology, Osteoporosis, Infectious disease and Tropical Medicine. He was instrumental in setting up the Department of Internal Medicine at Fortis Hospital Mohali and has been associated with the hospital since its inception in 2001.
Dr. Bhutani completed his medical studies and MD in Internal Medicine from Pt.BDS Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Rohtak. Prior to joining Fortis Hospital, Mohali, he worked as Senior Registrar at PGIMER, Chandigarh (1998-2001) and Govt. Medical College & Hospital, Chandigarh (1997-1998). He also served as a Panel Physician with the Canadian High Commission (2005-2013) and Panel Physician with Australian Global Medical Unit (2007-12).
Dr. Bhutani is the Chairman of Hospital Credentialing and Privileging Committee and Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee of the hospital. He is also a member of the Ethics Committee and Antibiotic Stewardship Committee of the hospital. He is the Clinical Quality Member Hospital Medical Council.
He has got a number of publications in reputed journals to his credit. He is the supervisor, mentor, teacher, and examiner of doctors pursuing DNB Medicine course. He is the Speaker/Chairperson at various CMEs, Symposia, and Seminars at the national and regional level. He is regularly issuing advisories in printed media on topics related to medicine for public awareness and giving lectures at various corporate/societies/associations/etc to promote health awareness.
RESEARCH AND PUBLICATIONS
- Kundra TS, Bhutani V, Gupta R, Kaur P, Naphthalene Poisoning following Ingestion of Mothballs: A Case Report; Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research 2015; 9 (8): 01-02
- Bhutani V, Case Report of Bronchopneumonia in a Diabetes Patient Managed with Cefepime/ Tazobactam, Case Series 9, Academy of Infection Management, 2014
- Bhutani V, Dutta U, Das R, Singh K, Hemophagocytic Syndrome as the presenting manifestation of visceral leishmaniasis; J Assoc Physicians India 2002; 50: 838-839.
- Bhutani V, Dutta U, Nagi B, Nijhawan R, Singh K., Endocrine Cell Carcinoma of the Gallbladder; Indian J Gastroenterology 2001: 109: 110.
- Dutta U, Bhutani V, Nagi B, Singh K, Reversible portal hypertension due to tuberculosis; Indian J Gastroenterology 2000; 19; 136 – 137.
- Siwach SB, Bhutani V, Jagdish, Singh H, Katyal VK, Prognostic Significance of ST-segment Elevation Resolution Following Thrombolysis in Acute Myocardial Infarction; Indian Heart J 1998: 50: 688.
EDITORIAL BOARD MEMBER/REVIEWER JOURNALS
- Reviewer for the Elsevier Editorial System (EES) - the online submission and peer review tracking system for “Primary Care Diabetes” 2017 -Present
- Editorial Board Member for “Current Research: Cardiology”, an International peer-reviewed open access journal http://www.pulsus.com/journals/current-research-cardiology-editorial-board.html 2016 – Present
- Editorial Board Member for “Journal of Multidisciplinary Research in Healthcare”- Indexed National journal 2014-Present
- Life member (L-9556) of the Association of Physicians of India
- Life member Indian Medical Association (CHD/367/1/392/109224/2004-05/CL)
- Life member RSSDI (1354/07) – Research Society for the Study of Diabetes in India
- Life member(L-719) Indian Society of Cardiology
- Life member (L -1172) Indian Chest Society
- Life member (L- 07/B-283) Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine
- Life member (LM001332) Indian Society of Gastroenterology
- Life member ISBMR (139/07) – Indian Society of Bone and Mineral Research
- Member ISID (0047234) – International Society of Infectious Diseases
- Member ACP (03839190) – American College of Physicians
- Gold Member ERS (347066) – European Respiratory Society
- 2 Gold Medals and 3 Silver Medals during MBBS
- Featured in coffee table book “Chandigarh and its Leading Personalities, Vol I” in 2011