Dr. Vivek Vaid
Fortis Escorts Hospital, Jaipur
Neuro Spine Surgery
Dr. Vivek Kumar Vaid did his MBBS from SMS Medical College, Jaipur and MS (General Surgery) from JLN Medical College, Ajmer. He then proceeded to do his MCh (Neurosurgery) from prestigious SGPGIMS, Lucknow. After completion of his basic training in Neurosurgery, he decided to leave a faculty position in the same institute and come back to Jaipur to serve patients of his home state. He worked with multiple private corporate Hospitals before joining Fortis Escorts Hospital, Jaipur and earned rich experience in the field of Neurosciences.
At Fortis, Jaipur he was instrumental in laying the foundation of the Department of Neurosurgery along with eminent neurosurgeon and Head of Department, Dr. Hemant Bhartiya. Over the last 10 years in Fortis, they together performed 6500 surgeries some of them very complex with satisfactory results. In fact, all types of procedures being done at premier institutes like AIIMS, SGPGIMS, PGIMER, etc are being carried out at Fortis Escorts Hospital, Jaipur. Complex brain and spine surgeries ranging from congenital, traumatic, neoplastic (including tumors of the skull base and ventricles), infective, vascular anomalies (aneurysms, AVMs, dAVF), and degenerative are being done with good results.
Dr. Vaid’s interest is in dealing with craniovertebral junction and vascular anomalies. Dr. Vaid is perusing his interest in managing vascular Anomalies, Aneurysm, AVMs, and Stroke. Dr. Vaid did his Fellowship in Interventional Radiology from Zurich successfully running the neuro-intervention program in the hospital.
- Kumar R, Vaid VK, Kalra Sk. Lhermitte- Duclos disease childs Nerv Syst.
- Kumar R, Vaid VK, Kumar V, Kalra SK. Hemangiopericytoma of the thoracic spine: a rare bony tumor, Childs Nerv Syst
- Kumar R, Kalra SK, Vaid VK. Multiple factor analysis of prognosis in lumbar disc herniation and assessment of long-term outcome, Arab J of Neurosurg.
- Kumar R, Vaid VK, Kalra SK, Mahapatra AK: Transmanubrial transclavicular approach to Cervico-thoracic region. Pan Arab J of Neurosurg.
- Kalra SK, Vaid VK, Jaiswal AK, Behari S, JainVK. Primary midbrain germinoma-a case report- Journal of Clinical Neurosciences
- Kumar R, Kalra SK, Mahapatra AK. Paediatric left proximal anterior cerebral artery aneurysm- a case report- Journal of Paediatric Neurosurgery
MS, M.Ch (Neurosurgery), Fellowship in Interventional Radiology (Zurich)
- Neurological Society of India (NSI)
- Neurological Surgeons’ Society of India (NSSI)
- Society of Neuro Vascular Interventional (SNVI)
- Micro neurosurgical workshop up at AIIMS in January 2006
- UP NEUROCON 2007 (Mussoorie) in January 2007- presented paper on complex aneurysm: won the best paper award
- ISSICON 2007 (Indore) in February 2007- presented paper on transmanubrial and transclavicular approach to cervicothoracic Junction
- AO workshop on lumbar disc herniation at Taj Lucknow in March 2007
- Neurotraumacon- 2007, (GWALIOR) in August 2007- presented paper on congenital pediatric AAD- the influence of trauma: won third prize