As a patient or an attendant, you have the right to:
• Be treated with respect, consideration, compassion and dignity, in a safe and clean environment regardless of your age, gender, race, origin, religion, sexual orientation or disabilities.
• Be addressed by your proper name and be informed about the names of the doctors, nurses and other healthcare team members involved with your patient’s care.
• Full protection of your privacy, dignity and confidentiality pertaining to your care discussions, examinations, and treatments.
• A clear and understandable explanation by your doctor about your diagnosis, as well as the benefits and risks of each treatment, expected outcome and change in medical condition.
• Be protected from physical abuse and neglect.
• Receive information from the hospital regarding the expected cost of treatment and payment policies.
• Request for a copy of your medical records as per protocol.