Fortis Healthcare Ltd. (Fortis), India’s leading healthcare delivery Company, today, announced its consolidated results for the quarter ended June 30, 2016 (Q1FY17).
The Board of Directors at its meeting held today, provided an in-principle approval to demerge the company’s diagnostic business which includes operations of SRL Limited. The Board has formed a Restructuring Committee to detail the nuances of the demerger structure, including valuation, share entitlement ratio and other incidental matters and to present the same before the Board on August 19, 2016 for final approval.
India Business - Key Financial Highlights for the quarter (Q1FY17)
- Consolidated India Business Revenues at Rs 1,102 Cr, up 9%.
- Consolidated Operating EBITDAC for the India Business (EBITDA before net business trust costs) was at Rs 182 Cr, representing a margin of 16.5% versus 16.1% in the corresponding previous period.
- Consolidated Operating EBITDA for the India Business was at Rs 65 Cr, up 36%, representing a margin of 5.9% versus a margin of 4.7% in the corresponding previous period.
- PAT after minority interests and share in associates witnessed a significant improvement to Rs 15.1 Cr versus Rs (4.0) Cr in Q1FY16.
- Q1FY17 revenues for the India hospital business were at Rs 910 Cr, up 9% as compared to Q1FY16. Operating EBITDAC was at Rs 139 Cr, witnessing the highest ever EBITDAC for Q1 in a fiscal. The EBITDAC for the India hospital business represents a margin of 15.3%, up from 14.4% in Q1FY16. The EBITDA of the India hospital business has also witnessed a significant improvement, rising more than 4x as compared to the corresponding previous quarter.
- Key operational parameters in the Company’s hospital business continued to see a healthy uptrend. The ARPOB (Average Revenue per Occupied Bed) grew to Rs 1.47 Cr compared to Rs 1.40 Cr in the corresponding previous quarter. ALOS (Average length of stay) was at 3.52 days versus 3.53 days while occupancy improved to 74% versus 70% in the corresponding previous quarter.
- FMRI, the Company’s flagship facility recorded revenues of Rs 117 Cr in the quarter, a healthy growth of 21%. The facility continues to be the highest ARPOB generating hospital in the Company’s network of multi-specialty hospitals with an ARPOB of Rs 2.72 Cr, an increase of 12% over the corresponding previous quarter. Revenue at Fortis Ludhiana, the other new facility, continued to ramp up. It recorded a revenue of Rs 27 Cr, an increase of 64% over the corresponding previous period.
- The India diagnostics business recorded revenues (net of inter company elimination) of Rs 192 Cr, up 7%. The operating EBITDA was at Rs 43 Cr, representing an EBITDA margin of 22.4% against 23.9% in Q1 FY16.
*EBITDAC refers to EBITDA before net business trust costs
Reported Group Financial Highlights for Q1FY17
The reported results for the quarter are not comparable with the corresponding previous period due to progressive divestments of the Company’s international businesses.
- Consolidated Group Revenues for Q1FY17 were at Rs 1,121 Cr versus Rs 1,034 Cr for the previous quarter. Consolidated PAT after Minority Interest and share in associates (PATMI) for Q1FY17 was at Rs 16 Cr versus Rs 93 Cr in Q1FY16. The PATMI for the previous corresponding period includes a net exceptional gain of Rs 87 Cr as a result of the divestment of the international businesses in Singapore.
For further details please contact:
Fortis Healthcare Ltd
Anurag Kalra / Gaurav Chugh
Fortis Healthcare Ltd
9810109253 / 9958588900
Read Complete Press Release on below link:
Download PDF - English