Dr. Rakesh Kumar Jaswal
Fortis Hospital, Mohali
Dr Jaswal is an alumnus of PGIMER Chandigarh, where he obtained DM Cardiology super-specialty degree. Earlier he completed MBBS and MD degree courses at Government Medical College in Amritsar. He has Post-DM experience at IGMC Shimla and AIIMS New Delhi. Dr Jaswal has many research papers published in national and international journals of repute. He regularly participates in conferences in India and abroad as Teaching Faculty or in an advisory capacity.
Dr Rakesh K Jaswal has over 25 years' experience in the field of Interventional Cardiology. He has performed more than 40,000 invasive cardiology procedures and more than 16,000 cardiac interventions including complex and high risk coronary interventions.
He has the largest experience in entire north India of > 36000 transradial invasive procedures and > 14000 trans radial interventions including complex transradial coronary interventions.
Apart from procedural experience, he has been a part of teaching faculty of TRICO (2007), Teaching faculty TRTU TRICO 2008-2011, TCT Asia Pacific 2008-2009, China Intervention Therapist 2009-10, 2010-11, Complex Catheter Techniques, Kobe Japan 2010, CTO Club Toyohashi, Japan 2011 Malaysia Live, Kualalumpur 2010.
Clinical Interests: Transradial Intervention expertise in entire North India
- He has many research papers which appeared in national and international journals. His case of single coronary artery supplying the entire cardiac circulation was accepted & presented in EURO PCR in 2004 at Paris
- Complex Coronary PCI cases have been accepted at C.I.T 2014 shanghai china.
He was the Chairperson for the session on MRI, Practical Aspects/Implications on Interventional Cardiology during the 6th Congress of Indo French Foundation in France in 2004.
Guest Lecturer on How to Handle Transradial Interventions at World Congress in Beijing in 2010.
- Advisory Faculty member TCT USA 2010 at Washington in 2011 at San Francisco, USA.
- Shan-E-Himachal award conferred by Honble Chief Minister Himachal Pradesh on 23rd Nov-2014
- His Complex Left main Stenting Ptca and arrested patients with on going C.P.R had been accepted as the most challenging cases for lab top and poster presentation during T.C.T at San Francisco in U.S.A on 13 –oct-2015
- He was awarded as the most prominent Cardiologist of upper North India by Union Cabinet minister Dr Harshvardhan during a function at New Delhi on 16-September-2016
- He was awarded Ingenious Achiever’s of North India award by the then Deputy CM Punjab, Sardar Sukhbir Singh Badal on 16th March 2016
- He was awarded “Business Wizard North Award 2016'' by the then Chief Minister of Punjab, Sardar Parkash Singh Badal.
- He was awarded Pioneer in Healthcare award by union Health Minister Sh. J.P Nadda at Delhi on 6th April 2018. Being first cardiologist in north India to introduce revolutionary & life saving procedure (Trans radial approach) in North India in 2002 and has an experience of more than 30,000(thirty thousand )Trans radial Procedures
- His complex case of ROTABLATION with LM DISSECTION has been accepted as most challenging case in T C T at San Francisco in U.S .A and will be presented on 28/09/19.He has been allotted 90mins of Lecture and presentation time in the most prestigious conference of the world. There are only six such sessions in the entire conference