Dr. Gagan Priya
Fortis Hospital, Mohali
Diabetes And Endocrinology
PAY ONLINE AND GET 10% OFF
Dr. Gagan Priya started her medical career at Govt Medical College, Patiala where she completed MBBS and then moved on to pursue Internal Medicine at the reputed SMS Medical College, Jaipur. After a brief stint as Senior Medical Officer at Fortis Mohali, she was selected for DM Endocrinology at AIIMS, New Delhi. During her training in Endocrinology at the nation premier medical institute, she gained vast experience in management of difficult and challenging hormonal disorders and actively participated in many national and international conferences. She has been working as Consultant Endocrinologist in Fortis Hospital Mohali since 2007 and is one the most reputed Endocrinologists in the Tricity.
Clinical Interests/Specialised Treatments/Area of Expertise Type 1 Diabetes, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, Pediatric Endocrinology
ORIGINAL RESEARCH EXPERIENCE
- Comparison of insulin versus oral hypoglycemic agents in newly diagnosed type 2 diabetes. DM dissertation, Department of Endocrinology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi.
- To study serum vitamin D concentrations in patients with primary hyperparathyroidism. DM dissertation, Department of Endocrinology, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi.
- Efficacy and safety of Sibutramine in the management of obesity. MD dissertation, Department of Medicine, SMS Medical College, Jaipur.
4. Clinical experience with insulin detemir, biphasic insulin aspart and insulin aspart in people with type 2 diabetes: Punjab cohort of the A1chieve study, Fortis Hospital, Mohali.
- Priya G, Kalra S. Metformin in the management of diabetes during pregnancy and lactation. Drugs Context. 2018 Jun 15;7:212523. doi: 10.7573/dic.212523. eCollection 2018. Review. PubMed PMID: 29942340; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC6012930.
- Priya G, Kalra S. Mind-body interactions and mindfulness meditation in diabetes. European Endocrinology. 2018;14(1):35–41
- Priya G. Basal insulin supported oral therapy in type 2 diabetes. Journal of the Indian Medical Association. May 2018;5(116):22.
- Priya G. Subclinical hypothyroidism during pregnancy: Controversies. Journal of the Indian Medical Association. April 2018;4(116):45.
- Kalra S, Singla R, Rosha R, Dhawan M, Priya G, Dutta D. Ketocrinology. US Endocrinology. 2018;14(2):59-61.
- Dhingra M, Priya G, Dhingra A, Kalra S. Subcutaneous insulin administration in infants and toddlers. Journal of Pakistan Medical Association. 2018 Dec.
- Kalra S, Priya G, Gupta R. Difficult diabetes: the 7d approach. J Pak Med Assoc. 2019 Jan;69(1)
- Kalra S, Priya G, Grewal E, Aye T T, Waraich B K, SweLatt T, Khun T, Phanvarine M, Sutta S, Kaush U, Manilka, Ruder S, Kalra B. Diabetes management and the Buddhist philosophy: toward holistic care. Indian J Endocrinol Metab. 2018;22(6):806-11.
- Kalra S, Priya G, Grewal E, Aye T T, Waraich B K, SweLatt T, Khun T, Phanvarine M, Sutta S, Kaush U, Manilka, Ruder S, Kalra B. Lessons for the healthcare practitioner from Buddhism. Indian J Endocrinol Metab. 2018;22(6):812-17.
- Kalra S, Sahoo A, Das S, Hari Kumar KVS, Baliarsinha AK, Mohanty B, Kanwar J, Kota S, Satpathy S, Jayaraman M, Singh SK, Madhu SV, Shah M, Kotwal N, Priya G, George B, Dasgupta A, Pande AK, Latey N, Dhamija P, Ayuk J, Torpy D, Shah P, Naseri Mohammed W, Maskey R, Latif ZA, Somasundaram N, Jawa A, Acharya K. The Bhubaneshwar Declaration on Sports Endocrinology, 2018. Indian J Endocrinol Metab. 2018; 22(7):14-16.
- Kalra S, Sharma A, Priya G. Diabetic Gastroparesis. Diabetes Ther. 2018 Jul 19. doi: 10.1007/s13300-018-0475-4. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 30027528.
- Kalra B, Joshi A, Kalra S, Vivekanand G S, Jumwar J, Balhara YPS, Chaudhary S, Khandelwal D, Aggarwal S, Priya G, Verma K, Baruah MP, Sahay R, Bajaj S, Agrawal N, Sivatharshiya P, Prasad I, Chakraborty A, Ram N. Coping with illness: Insight from the Bhagavad Gita. Indian J Endocrinol Metab. 2018;22(4):560-564.
- Kalra S, Priya G, Gupta Y. Glucocrinology. Journal of Pakistan Medical Association. 2018 Jun.
- Priya G, Kalra S. Role of meditation in diabetes care. Journal of Pakistan Medical Association. 2018 Aug.
- Kalra S, Priya G, Khandelwal D. The hierarchy of needs – Maslow’s theory applied to the science of diabetes. Endocrinology Insights: Touch Endocrinology 2019 Jan.
- Priya G, Kalra S, Bhambri V. Sodium-glucose co-transporter-2 inhibitors in type 1 diabetes – a dangerous ally. US Endocrinology, 2017;13(2):75–8
- Priya G, Bhambri S. Diabetic ketoacidosis in a patient with type 1 diabetes on sodium-glucose co-transporter-2 inhibitors – a case report. US Endocrinology, 2017;13(2):72–4
- Priya G. Prediabetes. Journal of Pakistan Medical Association. 2018 April; 68 (4):669-671.
- Priya G, Kalra B, Grewal E, Dardi IK. Premarriage Counseling in Type 1 Diabetes. Indian J Endocrinol Metab. 2018 Jan-Feb;22(1):126-131. doi: 10.4103/ijem.IJEM_550_17. Review. PubMed PMID: 29535951; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC5838892.
- Kalra S, Priya G. Lipocrinology - the relationship between lipids and endocrine function. Drugs Context. 2018 Jan 31;7:212514. doi: 10.7573/dic.212514. eCollection 2018. PubMed PMID: 29410685; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC5796610.
- Kalra S, Joshi A, Kalra B, Shanbhag VG, Bhattacharya R, Verma K, Baruah MP, Sahay R, Bajaj S, Agrawal N, Chakraborty A, Balhara YPS, Chaudhary S, Khandelwal D, Aggarwal S, Ram N, Jacob J, Julka S, Priya G, Bhattacharya S, Dalal K. Bhagavad Gita for the Physician. Indian J Endocrinol Metab. 2017 Nov-Dec;21(6):893-897. doi: 10.4103/ijem.IJEM_259_17. Review. PubMed PMID: 29285455; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC5729680.
- Priya G, Kalra S. A Review of Insulin Resistance in Type 1 Diabetes: Is There a Place for Adjunctive Metformin? Diabetes Ther. 2018 Feb;9(1):349-361. doi: 10.1007/s13300-017-0333-9. Epub 2017 Nov 14. Review.
- Priya G, Kalra S, Dardi IK, Saini S, Aggarwal S, Singh R, Kaur H, Singh G, Talwar V, Singh P, Saini BJS, Julka S, Chawla R, Bajaj S, Singh D. Diabetes Care: Inspiration from Sikhism. Indian J Endocrinol Metab. 2017 May Jun; 21(3):453-459. doi: 10.4103/ijem.IJEM_52_17.
- Gopal K, Priya G, Gupta N, Praveen EP, Khadgawat R. A case of autoimmune hypoglycemia outside Japan: Rare, but in the era of expanding drug-list, important to suspect. Indian J Endocrinol Metab. 2013 Nov; 17 (6): 1117-9. doi: 10.4103/2230-8210.122644.
- Singh P, Singh KP, Priya G, Kapoor R. Clinical experience with insulin detemir, biphasic insulin aspart and insulin aspart in people with type 2 diabetes: Results from the Punjab cohort of the A1chieve study. Indian J Endocrinol Metab 2013 Nov; 17 (Suppl 2): S534-7. doi: 10.4103/2230-8210.122120.
- Priya G, Jyotsna VP, Gupta N, Chumber S, Bal CS, Karak AK, Seth A, Ammini AC. Clinical and laboratory profile of primary hyperparathyroidism in India. Postgrad Med J. 2008 Jan; 84(987):34-9.
- Chandra ST, Priya G, Khurana ML, Jyotsna VP, Sreenivas V, Dwivedi S, Ammini AC. Comparison of gliclazide with insulin as initial treatment modality in newly diagnosed type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Technol Ther. 2008 Oct;10(5):363-8.
- Pakhetra R, Priya G, Jyotsna V P, Ariachery A. Insulinoma: Reversal of brain magnetic resonance imaging changes following resection. Neurol India. 2008; 56 (2): 192-194.
- Priya G, Bhagat H, Pandia MP, Chaturvedi A, Seth A, Goswami R. Can propofol precipitate pancreatitis in patients with Cushing's syndrome? Acta Anaesthesiol Scand. 2005 Oct; 49(9): 1381-3.
She is an active member of the Endocrine Society of India, Indian Thyroid Society, Asia Pacific Pediatric Endocrine Society and the Indian Society of Bone Mineral Research.
- Received Professor MMS Ahuja Award for the Best Outgoing Student in Endocrinology from AIIMS, New Delhi in 2007.
- Editor of “Lipocrinology – The Relationship between Lipids and Endocrine Function.” Handbook. Editors: Sanjay Kalra, Gagan Priya. Jaypee Medical Publishers, 2018.
- Faculty – 1st Bangladesh Endocrine Society-Mayo Advanced Course in Endocrinology, Dhaka. Jan 2019.
- Fellows Program. Asia Pacific Pediatric Endocrine Society 2006, Thailand.
- Recipient of the National Talent Search Scholarship 1992. (Awarded annually to 750 students from over a million by the National Council of Educational Research and Training, New Delhi).
- Silver Medal (overall course), MBBS course, Govt Medical College, Patiala.
- Secured 27th rank in the National Science Talent Search Exam – 1994 organized by the United Council for Educational Research and Scientific Advancement in Learning.
- Lifetime member of Endocrine Society of India, Indian Society of Bone Mineral Research, Member Asia Pacific Pediatric Endocrinology Society.
- Invited faculty/ chairperson at major national Endocrinology Conferences.
- Invited reviewer of several medical journals.
- Faculty, Consensus on GLP-1RA project for setting up guidelines for treating healthcare providers for type 2 diabetes, 2018.
- Faculty, BeSMART (Basal Early Strategies to Maximize A1c Reduction with Oral Therapy) Consensus group, 2018.