Dr. Narendra Kumar Bhalla
Fortis Hospital, Mohali
PAY ONLINE AND GET 10% OFF
Dr. Narendra Bhalla is an experienced Radiation Oncologist with over 18 years of experience in management and treatment of different types of cancer using radiation therapy. After his MD (Radiation Oncology) from KG Medical College, Lucknow, he has done Brachytherapy training from SGPGI, Lucknow. He has worked as Senior Registrar at Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute Research Center, New Delhi. He was a Teaching Faculty in Radiation Department of Wilbur Wright College, Chicago, Illinois.
Dr. Bhalla specialized in Advanced Radiation techniques like 3DCRT, IMRT, IGRT, VMAT, SRT, SRS, SBRT, ABC (DIBH Technique), Adaptive radiotherapy, MRI based ICRT Brachytherapy and Prostate I-125 seed Implant. He has experienced in Eclipse, Oncentra Master Plan® for external treatment & brachytherapy and Monaco™ 5.1 for external treatment Planning system. He has been routinely performing ICRT Brachytherapy (LDR & HDR) procedures and Interstitial Brachytherapy.
Prior to joining Fortis Cancer Institute, he was working as Radiation Oncologist/Medical Director in Cancer Institute of Guyana at Georgetown Hospital, S. America. In early 2019, he underwent clinical training on SRS, SRT and SBRT in Vydehi Institute of Medical Science at Bangalore for various work flow such as high precision immobilization, 4D simulation involving motion management, contouring involving various registration process, planning, plan evaluation and treatment execution for SRS, SRT and SBRT.
Clinical Interest: His main areas of interest are Breast Carcinoma, Head Neck, Brain, Lung, Gynecological and Genitourinary Carcinomas.
- Thesis for MD Radiotherapy - “Concomitant boost hyper fractionation Vs conventional fractionation radiation therapy in head and neck cancer” submitted in June 2000 to K. G. Medical College, Lucknow.
- Narendra Bhalla,, Palanisamy M, Anand G, Saravanan C, Thangaraj T, Abhishek P. EP-1810 Comparison of absorbed dose between medium and water on Monte Carlo algorithm for VMAT plan. Radiotherapy and Oncology. 2019;133:S981.
- Narendra K Bhalla, Rewat Sneh, Jain Sandeep, Kataria Tejinder ‘Treatment of Small cel lung cancer; in Current medical journal of North Zone, Vol VIII, NO 4 July 2002.
MD (Radiation Oncology), IEMA, FESTRO (Radiation Oncology)
- American Society for Therapeutic Radiation and Oncology - (ASTRO)
- European Society for Radiotherapy and Oncology - (ESTRO)
- Association of Radiation Oncology of India - (AROI)
- Indian Society of Neuro-Oncology - (ISNO)
- Cooperative trails Group for Neuro-oncology – (COGNO)
- American Association of Physicists in Medicine - (AAPM)
- National Cancer Registrars Association - (NCRA)
- Successfully completed ESTRO – TTG fellowship award at Queen Alexandra Hospital, Portsmouth, United Kingdom
- National cancer Congress at Dharmashila Cancer Hospital & research Center (First Prize for poster presentation).
- Caribbean Civil Society Cervical Cancer Prevention Initiative (CAPI) by Australian Direct AID Program (DAP)