Dr. Anoop Misra
Fortis C-DOC, Chirag Enclave
Diabetes And Endocrinology
Dr Anoop Misra has been awarded highest award for medicine in India Dr BC Roy award (2006) and prestigious National Honor, Padma Shree (2007).
He has been personal physician to two former Prime Ministers of India.
Dr Anoop Misra has research collaborations with scientists from USA, UK, Australia, Netherlands, Canada, Malaysia, and Sweden. Project MARG and DISHAA, large nationwide intervention projects on nutrition and health of schoolchildren, has been conceptualized and carried out by his team and have been internationally lauded
Dr. Misra is on the Editorial Board of nine international journals:
- McMasters University, Canada
- Deakin University, Australia
- Research Management Group, Phillip Morris, New York, USA
- Wellcome Trust, London, UK
- Medical Research Council, South Africa
- Indian Council of Medical Research, India
- Department of Science and Technology, Government of India
- Department of Biotechnology, Government of India
- Council for Scientific and Industrial Research
Worldwide Lancet Press release including commentary in Special issue on Diabetes
Themed issue, published June 25, 2010
Journal of the American College of Nutrition
- Advisory board member of National Program for Cancer, Diabetes, and CVD.
- Member of World Health Organization and Indian Council of Medical Research Expert Groups for Childhood Obesity, Fatty Liver, Diabetes, and Gestational Diabetes
- Member, Governing Committee, National Institute of Nutrition, National Nutrition Monitoring Bureau, and Expert Committee for Drugs Controller General of India, India.
- Member of editorial boards of 15 international journals, including Associate Editor of “Diabetic Medicine” and “Diabetes and Metabolic Syndrome: Research and Reviews”.
- He has been a faculty at the Department of Endocrinology and Human Nutrition at the Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas, Texas, USA, and former Professor of Internal Medicine, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi.
In January 2012, he has been conferred Honorary Professorship from Institute of Life Sciences, Hyderabad, with a mandate to steer Diabetes and Metabolic Research program. He is in Advisory Board Member of British Medical Journal.
He has been awarded highest award for medicine in India Dr BC Roy award (2006) and prestigious National Honor, Padma Shree (2007).
He has been conferred two National awards ‘Americare Award’ (Americare Foundation) and “Swastha Bharat Samman” (from Zee TV) for most outstanding contribution to Diabetes in India.
He has received “Outstanding Investigator Award” from World India Diabetes Foundation in 2013.
He has written three editorials for prestigious journal “The Lancet” and reviewer for more than 30 Journals including “Circulation” and “Journal Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism”.