Dr. Dinesh Kumar Mittal
Director & HOD
Fortis Hospital, Shalimar Bagh
Adult CTVS (Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery)
Dr Dinesh Kumar Mittal has done more than 5000 adult and paediatric cardiac surgeries. Routinely doing CABG beating heart and on pump, Aortic valve and Mitral valve replacement, Mitral Valve Repairs, ASD closure, VSD closure, TOF correction, Coarctation repair, Blalock- Taussig shunt, Complex congenital operation, Permanent Pacemaker implantation in children, Peripheral vascular surgeries. Establishes Neonatal Cardiac Surgery Program at Max Hospital Shalimar Bagh.
Active participant in establishing most extensive and comprehensive AORTIC intervention programme of North India. Service spectrum involve Bentalls operation, valve sparing Ascending Aortic replacement, hemiarch and Total Arch replacement, Descending Thoracic aortic replacement, Thoracoabdominal Aneurysm repair, Abdominal aortic repair.
- Minimall yInvasive Surgeries
- Aortic Intervention- Open surgery as well as Endovascular repair
- Congenital cardiac surgery
- Valve repairs
•Redo Aortic Surgery at Aortic Summit New York 2011.
•CABG in recent myocardial infarction – At National conference Jaipur,2006
•Off pump Bidirectional Glenn – At National conference Jaipur,2006
•CABG in recent myocardial infarction – At National conference Banglore,2005
- Mitral valve replacement with and without chordal preservation in a rheumatic population:serial echocardiographic assessment of left ventricular size and function Ann Thorac Surg.2005 Jun;79(6):1926-33.
- Dose comparison of tranexamic acid in pediatric cardiac surgery - Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann. 2004 Jun;12(2):121-4
- Spontaneous rupture of Urinary Bladder, Indian Jr. Of Urology 2000
- Sigmoidopexy as definitive surgical procedure for Sigmoid Volvulus.
- Indian Jr. of Gastroentrology1998 Oct-Dec;17(4):129-30
- Typhoid enteric perforation. Aus N Z J. Surg.1997 Jun;67(6):351-3.
- Stomach rupture due to Blunt trauma abdomen. Indian Medical Gazette. 1997 May;131(5):156-158
- Alvarado score in diagnosis of appendicitis. The Indian Practitioner1997Mar;50(3):222-23
M Ch(CTVS) - AIIMS, New Delhi
MS (Gen.Surg.) - JLN Medical college, Ajmer
MBBS - JLN Medical college, Ajmer
Co – Researcher in International Registry of Aortic Dissection
Lifetime Member of IACTS
Lifetime Member of IMA – Delhi