Nose Bleed Feb 09, 2021
What is Nose bleed or epistaxis? Epistaxis is the medical word for bleeding from the nose. Who is likely to suffer from nosebleeds?
- Nose bleeds are slightly more common in men.
- Nose bleeds are more common in elderly and in the children
- Bleeding from the nose happens when a fragile blood vessel within the nose breaks, perhaps after a minor injury or infection.
- High blood-pressure may also increaseÂ theÂ riskÂ ofÂ nosebleeds.
- Nose is a of medicationsÂ such as aspirin Â andÂ Warfarin.Â Â These medications change the way blood clotsÂ in the bodyÂ and are commonlyÂ prescribedÂ for patients with heart disease.Â Â If you are taking any of these medications and you develop nosebleeds,Â do not stop taking your medication unless advised to do so by a doctor.
- In young people ,nosebleeds can be caused by problems in blood clotting. Patients should be aware of prolonged bleeding after any minor cuts,Â tooth extractions or if the skin bruises easily.Â Â Â SomeÂ simpleÂ bloodÂ testsÂ mayÂ beÂ requiredÂ underÂ these circumstances.
Related BlogsView all
Every Cold Or Cough Is Not Corona : How To Care For Your Health In Monsoon
Dr. Savyasachi Saxena Jul 24, 2020