About Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Best Gynaecology Hospital in India |Best Gynaecology Clinics Near Me | Fortis Healthcare
If you’re in search of the best gynaecology hospital in India or the best gynaecology clinics near you, consider Fortis Healthcare. As one of India’s leading healthcare providers with over 28 hospitals nationwide, Fortis offers a diverse range of medical services, including cardiology, neurology, oncology, orthopaedics, and more. Notably, Fortis excels in obstetrics and gynaecology, specialising in women’s health and reproductive system care.
Best Obstetrics & Gynaecology Hospital in India
Gynaecology, a vital branch of medicine, specialises in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases affecting female reproductive organs. Fortis Gynaecology hospitals stand out as leaders in providing comprehensive care for women's health in India. Our commitment to excellence in Gynaecology services makes us one of the best Gynaecology hospitals in India. Addressing conditions related to the uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes, cervix, vagina, and vulva, our Gynaecology hospitals prioritise aspects of women’s health, including contraception, menopause, sexual health, and cancer screening. Combined with obstetrics, our approach extends to caring for women during pregnancy, childbirth, and the postnatal period.
Fortis Healthcare takes pride in being recognized as the best Obstetrics & Gynaecology hospital in India. With a commitment to women’s health, Fortis has established itself as a leader in providing top-notch Gynaecology services. The hospital’s dedication to do & offer its best is evident in its state-of-the-art facilities and a team of highly skilled professionals.
Medical Procedures For Obstetrics & Gynaecology At Fortis Healthcare
- Abdominal hysterectomy: This is a surgical procedure to remove the uterus through an incision in the lower abdomen. It is done to treat various conditions, such as uterine fibroids, endometriosis, abnormal bleeding, pelvic pain, or cancer. It could also mean removing both the ovaries and fallopian tubes. The recovery time is usually four to six weeks.
- The basal body temperature method: This is a natural family planning method that involves measuring the body temperature every morning before getting out of bed. The temperature rises slightly after ovulation, indicating the fertile window. This method can help couples to either achieve or avoid pregnancy, depending on their goals. It requires careful charting and consistency.
- Breast biopsy: This is a diagnostic procedure to remove a small sample of breast tissue for laboratory testing. It is done to evaluate a suspicious lump or abnormality in the breast, such as a mammogram finding. It can help to determine whether the breast tissue is benign or malignant. There are different types of breast biopsies, such as fine-needle aspiration, core needle, stereotactic, ultrasound-guided, or MRI-guided.
- C-Section: This is a surgical procedure to deliver a baby through an incision in the mother’s abdomen and uterus. It is done when a vaginal delivery is not possible or safe, such as in cases of fetal distress, breech presentation, placenta previa, multiple pregnancy, or previous C-section. The recovery time is usually longer than a vaginal delivery and may involve more risks and complications.
- Cervical cap: This is a small, dome-shaped device that fits over the cervix and prevents sperm from entering the uterus. It is a barrier method of contraception that must be used with spermicide. It is inserted before sexual intercourse and removed after at least six hours. It has a lower effectiveness rate than other methods and may cause irritation, infection, or allergic reaction.
- Cervical cerclage: This is a surgical procedure to stitch the cervix closed during pregnancy. It is done to prevent preterm labor and delivery in women who have a weak or incompetent cervix. It is usually performed between 12 and 24 weeks of pregnancy and removed before delivery. It may involve some risks, such as bleeding, infection, or rupture of membranes.
- The cervical mucus method: This is a natural family planning method that involves observing the changes in the cervical mucus throughout the menstrual cycle. The mucus becomes clear, slippery, and stretchy around ovulation, indicating the fertile window. This method can help couples to either achieve or avoid pregnancy, depending on their goals. It requires careful monitoring and abstaining from sexual intercourse during the fertile days.
- Colposcopy: This is a diagnostic procedure to examine the cervix, vagina, and vulva using a magnifying instrument called a colposcope. It is done to evaluate abnormal Pap test results, such as HPV infection, cervical dysplasia, or cervical cancer. It may also involve taking a biopsy of the abnormal tissue for further testing. It is usually a painless and safe procedure, but may cause some discomfort, bleeding, or infection.
- Combination birth control pills: These are oral contraceptives that contain synthetic hormones, such as estrogen and progestin. They work by preventing ovulation, thickening the cervical mucus, and thinning the uterine lining. They are a highly effective method of contraception that also offer some non-contraceptive benefits, such as regulating the menstrual cycle, reducing cramps, acne, and PMS symptoms, and lowering the risk of ovarian and endometrial cancer. They may also cause some side effects, such as nausea, headache, weight gain, mood changes, or blood clots.
- Contraceptive implant: This is a slender, flexible rod which is inserted beneath the skin of the upper arm. It releases a steady dose of progestin, a synthetic hormone that prevents ovulation, thickens the cervical mucus, and thins the uterine lining. It is a long-acting and reversible method of contraception that can last up to three years. It is very effective and convenient, but may cause some irregular bleeding, acne, weight gain, or mood changes.
Get to Know our Team of Experts for Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Fortis Healthcare has a team of over 200 doctors, who are experts in the field of obstetrics and gynaecology. They have extensive training and experience in their respective domains, and are recognized nationally and internationally for their excellence and innovation. Some of the eminent doctors in our team are:
Why Fortis Healthcare is recognized as the best gynaecology hospitals in India
A team of highly qualified and experienced OB/GYN specialists, surgeons, nurses, and support staff, who are committed to providing personalised and compassionate care for every patient.
- A state-of-the-art infrastructure, equipped with the latest technology and equipment, such as 3D/4D ultrasound, fetal medicine, laparoscopy, hysteroscopy, colposcopy, mammography, and more, to ensure accurate diagnosis and effective treatment.
- A range of advanced and minimally invasive surgical options, such as robotic surgery, endoscopic surgery, laser surgery, and more, to ensure faster recovery and better outcomes.
- A holistic approach that addresses not only the physical, but also the emotional, psychological, and social aspects of women’s health, by offering counselling, education, support groups, and more.
A patient-centric culture that respects the dignity, privacy, and preferences of every patient, and ensures their safety, comfort, and satisfaction.
Fortis Escorts Hospital, Amritsar
- Cardiac Sciences
- Dental Science
- Emergency and Trauma
- Endocrine Surgery
- Foetal Medicine
- Gastroenterology and Hepatobiliary Sciences
- General Surgery
- Infectious Diseases
- Infertility medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Liver Transplant and Hepatobiliary Sciences
- Medical Genetics
- Mental Health and Behavioural Sciences
- Neurointerventional Radiology
- Organ Transplant
- Pain and Palliative Medicine
- Palliative Medicine
- Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Support Specialties
- Thoracic Surgery
- Transfusion Medicine
- Vascular Surgery