NON-SURGICAL TREATMENTS BY INTERVENTIONAL RADIOLOGY
These procedures are performed without surgery by interventional radiologists. These physicians specialize in the use of X-Rays, Digital Subtraction Angiography (DSA) and other techniques such as ultrasound, computed tomography (CT) and magnetic resonance (MR) to see inside the body without surgery. Flexible thin tubes (Catheters) are inserted through skin or blood vessels and guided to the treatment (like Heart Angioplasty). As it is done by interventional radiologist, he can see inside the body without opening it through CT Scan, Ultrasound, DSA thereby using exact site of disease without effecting surrounding structures.
It is less risky as compared to surgery, it is cheaper than traditional surgery, no surgical scar on the skin, procedure done after local or short anesthesia and patients can resume normal activities within one to two days.
COMMONLY PERFORMED NON-SURGICAL TREATMENT FOR:
- Enlarged Prostate (BPH) Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia by prostatic artery embolization.
- Treatment for fibroids and adenomyosis- non-surgically by- Uterine Artery Embolization
- Varicose Vein treatment by microwave/ radio-frequency ablationÂ
- Non-surgical treatment for- Infertile couples due to blocked fallopian tube by fallopian tube Recannulation
- Non-surgical treatment for â€“Testicular Varicocele in males by embolization
- Liver tumor- Chemoembolization/ Radio-embolization
- AVM embolization
- Hemangioma Embolization
- Hemoptysis Management
- Various type of Catheter insertion for dialysis