8 Simple Ways To Keep Your Kidneys Healthy
Dr. Sanjeev Gulati Jul 19, 2023
- so that your body stays hydrated throughout. Also, drink lemonade as this helps to reduce the risk of kidney stones.
- Control on sweets Stay away from sugar, sodas and artificial sweeteners, processed salty foods bad trans-fat. Instead, change to natural salt and good fats such as butter from raw cream, olive oil, and organic coconut oil.
- Manage diabetes and blood pressure Manage diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart disease. Have your blood pressure checked regularly, especially if your blood pressure is higher than usual.
- Stay Fit Stay fit and perform at least 30 minutes of physical activity that increases your heart rate, for five or more days in the week. Maintain ideal weight.
- Manage Stress Level Do things, such as meditation, which help you reduce stress levels.
- Quit smoking The habit of smoking slows down the blood flow to the kidneys.
- Avoid consuming the over-the-counter pills regularly Some of the common medications like NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), such as ibuprofen, tend to cause damage to the kidneys, if taken on a regular basis.
- Get the kidney function checked If you have any one or more of the following risk factors, it is important to get the kidney function checked: – Obesity – Diabetes – Hypertension – Family history of kidney disease – If you are Asian, African or Aboriginal origin
Related BlogsView all
Living With End Stage Renal Disease - Kidney Transplant Is The Answer
Dr. Anuja Porwal Oct 11, 2023