Dr. Amit Sharma
Fortis Hospital, Mohali
The doctor is available for consultation at multiple locations. Please choose where you would like to visit.
We use the class nav-pills instead of nav-tabs which automatically creates a background color for the tab
We applied clearfix to the tab-content to rid of the gap between the tab and the content
We use css to change the background color of the content to be equal to the tab
Dr. Amit Sharma joined Fortis Hospital Mohali as Consultant (Nephrology, Dialysis and Kidney Transplant) after finishing DNB Nephrology from Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi in 2013. He has previously worked at IGMC Shimla and PGIMER Chandigarh. He played a pivotal role in starting the ABO incompatible kidney transplant program at Fortis Hospital, Mohali. He has presented multiple papers at national and international forums in the field of ABO incompatible kidney transplantation. He has done observership at Division of Nephrology and Dialysis at Medical University Vienna, Austria. He has been awarded by ERA-EDTA (European Renal Association) for his work on ABO incompatible transplant. He has also been awarded Fellowship of American Society of Nephrology (FASN). His areas of expertise are Kidney Transplant, Clinical Nephrology, Hemodialysis and Peritoneal Dialysis.
MD, DNB (Nephrology), MNAMS, FASN
- ASN (American Society of Nephrology)
- ERA-EDTA (European Renal Association-European Dialysis and Transplant Association).
- ERA-EDTA YNP (Young Nephrologists’ Platform)
- TTS (The Transplantation Society)
- ISN (Indian Society of Nephrology)
- ISOT (Indian Society of Organ transplantation)
- PDSI (Peritoneal Dialysis Society of India)
- Awarded by ERA-EDTA for one of the best abstracts to be presented by a young nephrologist at the 52nd ERA-EDTA Congress in London, United Kingdom in May 2015.
- Awarded YNP (Young Nephrologist Platform) membership for year 2016 on the basis of best abstract presentation at
- Executive Committee member of North Zone Indian Society of Nephrology (NZISN).
- First Prize in Nephrology Quiz at APEX Annual Board Review Course, Mumbai in April 2011.
- Second Prize in Nephrology Quiz at Annual conference of Delhi Nephrology Society, Delhi in April 2011.
- Multiple publications in national and international Journals.
- Chapter on Cytomegalovirus in Post transplantation infection in ECAB Clinical Update Nephrology – Post transplantation infections.