Dr. Raja Dhar
Fortis Hospital Anandapur, Kolkata
Pulmonology / Chest & Sleep Medicine
Dr. Raja Dhar is a renowned Pulmonologist and a Critical Care Specialist with over 15 years of experience. Dr. Dhar is adept in all disciplines of Respiratory Medicine including airways disease, pulmonary fibrosis, pulmonary hypertension, transplant, lung cancer, sleep medicine, lung infections including TB, and respiratory emergencies. His forte is Interventional Pulmonology including electrocautery, APC, cryotherapy, stent placements and Medical Thoracoscopy. He is an academician, an enthusiastic researcher and passionate about teaching.
- JAPI special edition on Community acquired Pneumonia awaiting publication. Written chapter on Review of literature.
- JAPI special edition on COPD. Awaiting publication. Written chapter on Acute Exacerbation of COPD jointly with Prof AG Ghoshal.
- 3. Dhar R, Anwar G A, Bourke S C, Doherty L, Middleton P, Ward C, Rutherford R M. Efficacy of nebulised colomycin in patients with non-cystic fibrosis bronchiectasis colonised with Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Thorax 2010;65:553 doi:10.1136/thx.2008.112284
- Bignardi GE, Dhar R, Heycock R, Bansal S, and Majmudar N. Can
procalcitonin testing reduce antibiotic prescribing for respiratory
infections? Age and Ageing2006 35(6):625-626.
5. Dhar R, Harrison RN, Snashall PD. Is Hypoxia common despite oxygen
treatment in the Acute Medical Ward?. Internet Journal of Medical update
MD, MRCP (UK), CCT (UK), FCCP (USA), M Sc (Evidence Based Medicine, UK), Diploma in Palliative Care for Physicians (Teeside University, UK), Certificate in Medical Education (Newcastle University, UK)
- European Respiratory Society
- American Thoracic Society
- American College of Chest Physicians
- British Thoracic Society
- Indian Chest Society
- Indian Association of Bronchology
- Indian Academy of Sleep Medicine.
Besides being a member of many medical associations in India and abroad, Dr. Dhar contributes regularly to several national and international journals. He has been on the faculty of many prestigious institutions and has many abstracts and publications to his credit in his related fields.